Loss of back pressure after Airaid Jr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chrisreed822

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok then it doesn't come out of 3rd gear.

I installed the corvette servo 2 weeks ago, could there be an issue with that? I didn't do this till I put on the airaid jr.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

I put the stock intake back on its still the same.

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not going into overdrive. Your still going into 4th gear, but it's not going into overdrive. Really sounds like a odd coincidence as that has nothing to do with the trans. Maybe a throttle relearn? Maybe the computer sees something funky with the throttle so it won't let the trans go into overdrive? It may be throwing a code, but a standard reader won't be able to read a trans code.

Mine has done that once or twice but only when it was really cold out. Seemed like the engine did it to help it warm up. But that was back when it was like 25* and I got on the highway immediately after starting it...

Try resetting the computer again. Is there a check engine light on?

OP
OP
chrisreed822

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No engine light. Could the vette servo be messed up somehow and it just so happen to fail at the same time I put on the airaid?
Does the battery need to be disconnected for a certain amount of time for the reset?

After a little research, I think it could possibly be a shift solenoid.

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would call up a good trans shop and pick their brain on it.
I have used these guys for u joints and other axle stuff. They are awesome. Really know their shit. I had a noise I swore was in my rear diff, and he came out and drove around in it, put in on the lift, and figures out it was a u joint and didn't charge me anything to look at it.
http://www.fortworthgearandaxle.com/index.cfm

As for the battery, I believe it's like 15 mins...

OP
OP
chrisreed822

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my next move is to probably just go up there and see what they say. They're not to far from the house. Thanks man!!

Mr. Merk

Reaction score
When we put the vette servo in we lost one of the snap rings and didn't know it. It would not shift in to 4th.

We stopped by a trans shop who had one on a bench and realized we were missing the snap ring around the piston.

I wonder if yours popped off?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we put the vette servo in we lost one of the snap rings and didn't know it. It would not shift in to 4th.

We stopped by a trans shop who had one on a bench and realized we were missing the snap ring around the piston.

I wonder if yours popped off?

This is the problem.

Very common when the vette servo is installed to lose 4th gear if installed incorrectly. Pull it off and check the seals.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

It's not going into overdrive. Your still going into 4th gear, but it's not going into overdrive. Really sounds like a odd coincidence as that has nothing to do with the trans. Maybe a throttle relearn? Maybe the computer sees something funky with the throttle so it won't let the trans go into overdrive? It may be throwing a code, but a standard reader won't be able to read a trans code.

Mine has done that once or twice but only when it was really cold out. Seemed like the engine did it to help it warm up. But that was back when it was like 25* and I got on the highway immediately after starting it...

Try resetting the computer again. Is there a check engine light on?

4th gear is overdrive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisreed822

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That definitely sounds like that's the problem. I think I'll just order the whole assembly, piston and all.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the problem.

Very common when the vette servo is installed to lose 4th gear if installed incorrectly. Pull it off and check the seals.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

4th gear is overdrive.

You are correct. I don't know what I was thinking lol.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That definitely sounds like that's the problem. I think I'll just order the whole assembly, piston and all.

The servo assembly?

If you install with the 4th apply piston upside down or a pinched seal youll lose 4th and probably TCC lockup.

figured id follow up. if you dont have 4th gear like me, your 2-4 piston is in backwards. I had it fixed in 20 minutes.

Here are some good threads on it.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...22/corvette-servo-install-w-alot-pics-476223/

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali