Loss of Horse-power with no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
Have you done any modifications or tuning recently? Did you just wake up one morning, turn it on and it was acting up?

OP
OP
P

p1zaul

Reaction score
Update, I just took the car on the highway, at around 50mph I tried flooring it and all of a sudden the car woke up. Came to a stop and floored it off the line and it was totally back to normal? Is it possible or was the sensor but needed some time to reset?

OP
OP
P

p1zaul

Reaction score
Car drove totally normal all weekend, this morning it is right back to where it was with no Power / Acceleration. Could the MAF been the fix but the new one now failed?

ninjaplumber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible timing is being retarded due to a low octane knock? Are you using premium fuel?

OP
OP
P

p1zaul

Reaction score
Update, brought car to a shop and after two days could not figure anything out. A week goes by still drives like it's towing a yacht without a trailer while I wait for an appointment at the transmission shop. The morning of my appointment the car is totally back to normal, I bring it in anyway and they see nothing wrong. Next day the problems back. Now I bring it to the dealer and they say it needs a new MAF sensor. I tell them I just put in two in the last few weeks but they say the delphi brand is no good needs to be OEM. Quote be almost 700 to change the sensor get them down to 300 and they change it. Car drives normal for half a day now the issue is back. Now they are saying it could be the harness connector to the sensor and want to splice in a new harness. Could that actually be it?

OP
OP
P

p1zaul

Reaction score
Solved, I purchased a new harness and installed a new air filter and even purchased a fourth MAF sensor and this all made zero difference. Called dealer and was told it must be the ECU and it would need to be replaced. While searching estimated cost or if possibly a diy I came across a thread about resetting the ECU. As a last ditch effort I followed these instructions and it actually worked. Car has been driving better than ever for past few days now

To reset the entire car computers disconnect the battery and place a resistor in between the positive and negative terminals of the car. Leave this for about 20 minutes and then hook the battery back up. Then turn the car on and let it sit for about 5 mins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar