Loose "shift" feeling in LF seat when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vp46

Reaction score
1200+ miles on my slt nothing like this happening here. (phew)

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it might be Denali only??

Maybe something different.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Ya know maybe... whats different about yalls seats?

??? You got me. I think the material is different but I can't see that being related the problem. Just wondering if it might be something to do with the way they assembled them vs the non-Denali seats.

Maybe some of the other guys with the problem will chime in on if they have a Denali or not.

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I experienced the same thing one time a couple weeks ago on my Denali with about 2K miles on it. I couldn't get the seat to move or shift by transfer of my weight so I thought I was "feeling things". I don't drive it much and after reading this post asked my wife about it and she has not noticed it. Weird.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same seat shift occurring at least once a day. I have noticed it getting worse the hotter it gets in the summer for some reason. I've had my Tahoe since April and just started noticing the seat shifting. I have black interior on the '15 Tahoe.

Here is a fix I am going to try (page 19)...
GM-Trucks Forum - Seat Movement Issues

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same seat shift occurring at least once a day. I have noticed it getting worse the hotter it gets in the summer for some reason. I've had my Tahoe since April and just started noticing the seat shifting. I have black interior on the '15 Tahoe.

Here is a fix I am going to try (page 19)...
GM-Trucks Forum - Seat Movement Issues

Good find. I am going to try that in just a little bit and will post back with results.

Thanks.

*** Update

That's it! I was able to put my hand on those white clips and you can feel the shift in the clip when you feel it in the seat. I bought a foot piece of 1" heater hose, slit it in half, slid it up against the white clips and then put hose clamps over them. Good to go!

Thanks for the link again!

Before and after pics. Looking under the seat from the front.

20140714_135136.jpg

20140714_135151.jpg

20140714_135157.jpg

20140714_141238.jpg

20140714_141253.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879