looking to go 24's, whats needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mild

Reaction score
What do i need to go to get her ready for 24's?

Right now she is a factory 2wd, that does need some suspension work done anyway. I would Love to go w sixes, but they are big $$$$

Would the process be the same for 26's?

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

I also have the 5 lug setup......is it possible to go to a six lug setup?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure 24s will bolt right up without anything being done, but i could be very wrong, i got 26s on mine with no problems at all, check craigslist and you probably can find some 6s for a good price, probably cheaper than the 4s if u buying brand new, and the only way i could think of that would allow 6 lugs is if you could put 6 lug hubs on your ride

OP
OP
M

Mild

Reaction score
It does need suspension work, the prev owner had 22's ono it, and they scraped up the inner wheelweel, and i forgot to mention, i plan to have about 700 lbs of stereo equipment in the back.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I had my craigslist rim buying expierence, I suppose i can give it another try, but i'll make sure to meet the seller at a rim shop instead of a parking lot & night.

I stupidly bought a cracked rim, and 2 flat tires.

Garbage.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 22s might have scraped because of the offset (or backspacing, I forget which is which). You can find some good deals on craigslist but you can also get ripped off. I have found some sweet ass deals but I have also been ripped off also

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you gotta watch out for craigslist there's so many crooks. Just make sure you do your research and don't let him rush you, and if anything seems fishy just don't buy. I bought my 22's off craigslist for $550 and they were awesome, only bad thing is the tires were a little old. Sold them a year later with 2 bald tires for $750.

If you're going 24s no work to the suspension will need to be done afaik. If you go 6s (which can be had for $1000-1200 used on cl) then you MIGHT need to crank your torsion bars. But that's the awesome thing about our cars, the front is adjustable.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
295 25 24 and a 2/4 drop you will be fine have about 20 plus customers with that set up ive done.

Anything else just ask.

chmo616

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm most likely gonna do a 2/3 or 2/4 drop to with 24's. I've been talking with Norcal SS & he knows his sh*t. With this upgrade I'm most likely gonna change out my brake system too! Damn I feel broke already! Good luck with that Mild.