Looking for some interior mods ideas..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I have an 03 Tahoe and am looking to make it completely unique but need some help and ideas. Besides my stereo system anybody have any good ideas.

I'm hopefully having ScottyBoy do all my lighting and i'm probably gonna try to get some other LEDs in the truck (foot wells, cup holders, other things like that)

Anything else besides lighting that can be done on a low budget, dont like going over the top either, just like to be different

"Big Blue"

Reaction score
I can't really think of any low budget mods.. I wish I could. I have my interior LED now and that's all that I really did to the inside, other than the stereo and subs. Having the leds are nice. I'm sure you'll like them. Are you getting them in a certain color? Most mods are just out of my budget... otherwise I'd just go crazy with the mods.

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I originally wanted white but he said that there isnt really much of a difference so i'm going blue with everything!

What other type of interior mods would you do if budget wasnt a factor? I can't really think of anything besides maybe some monitors which I'm considering

"Big Blue"

Reaction score
Nice! Mine are a light blueish white color. I even put some under the outside side mirrors, and they really light up the ground!
I've never really looked into interior mods, mainly because not as many people would see them. So I guess I mainly just went with exterior mods.

Well if budget was no issue, there are many things you could do. You could have the gauges redone, custom dash and/or steering wheel, new two-tone leather seats. Or even adding those weathertech floor mats. Although that isn't really a "mod", but I looked into those a while ago. A lot of people get those entertainment systems for the headrests.
Really the options are endless if budget was no option. That's why we all need to win the lotto some day and just build the ultimate truck of our dreams. lol.

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why we all need to win the lotto some day and just build the ultimate truck of our dreams. lol.

LOL I always say the same thing.
I have a list a mile long of things I would do if I won the lottery

I think your on the right track with the LED's in the dash and LEDs in the foot wells. Im planning on doing the same thing on my SSS.

You could always buy and interiror trim kit. They cost anywhere from $150-400 depending on how much you want to do. They come in lots of different wood grains, different colors, Brushed aluminium, carbon fiber etc.... You could also sand them down yourself and color match them to your exterior which is the cheap way to go.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Start with changing all the bulbs to LED's. I went with cool blue for color and they basically match my 8k HIDs perfectly. Go with an Escalade cluster as well, looks killer compared to stock. You can also try some trim kits. I just purchased a set of woodgrain dash and door pieces but they are yet to come in. I will post some pics once I get mine in, but here is a picture with it and another set for sale, although I don't think the white interior is stock:http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLET-TAHOE-SUBURBAN-YUKON-FACTORY-OEM-INTERIOR-WOOD-DASH-TRIM-KIT-2003-2006-/160682003761?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item256964cd31#ht_1877wt_1396

Also check NJ04HOE's Tahoe. He did a suede headliner and put more suede in each of doors. He lives near me so I might have to find this guy to help do something similar to my truck.

His is here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2309935/2004-chevrolet-tahoe/page-6

Beyond that you could do 2 tone leather and new carpets, but it isn't very cheap. All depends on your budget.

"Big Blue"

Reaction score
Nice. Phantomx55, definitely post some pics once that comes in. I'd like to do something similar but I'll shop around and see what's available.

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I'm really liking how the suede in the door panels looks, want to try it but am also afraid!

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do suede make sure it's fade resistant. Did some pieces in black and after 8 months it's starting to turn greyish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar