Looking for MDI to replace Tech 2 for pass through device.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will likely keep the Tech 2, but for reprogramming and flashing modules, need to get with the times.

I have no idea where to look, what to get, would like to keep the price under $500 if that's an option.

Will be used with a windows laptop on vehicles older than 2016 (for now).

All input appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this initially, was skeptical considering the price but my Tech 2 clone has not had any issues so maybe these are as reliable.

that should work, getting the gds2 software to work with it might get tricky so i would take the hard drive option for +$50 becuase it will have the software and they should together out of the box.
I have one without the hard drive and it is struggle to make it work. It will update with the latest firmware but then even when using it with the hacked gds2 software then it won't go because it want's a license. So I wouldn't mess with the firmware unless it tells you to.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply - that pesky job and the never ending class work is keeping me way to busy with little free time to tinker with my truck. Happened to check in and see someone is looking for NanaVX information. Here is what I did and my experience using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz