Looking for a little advice/ direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzgrizz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello New guy here. Looking for a little bit of advice/ direction on the best way to tackle my project yukon.

What I have so far...

98 Yukon 215k miles factory 5.7 4l60 3.73 gearing.

Sitting on 20in centerlines that measure about 9 3/4 width so I'm guessing they're either 9in or 9.5 (craigslist specials lol)

Already done interior LEDs and a double Din DVD/Nav.

Here in the next few months I'm planning a 6in RCX lift installed. (Possibly go bigger in the future but it's a good start).

Wich brings me to my first question what would you say are the widest 35's I could fit? (I'm not opposed to running spacers if needed as the centerlines have an almost factory offset)

Next at some point in the future the 5.7 or tranny will die and need replaced. Although that's probably a few years out. I plan on replacing it with a 6.0 lq4 and 4l80e. (Big project but doable)

So this brings up a couple more questions.

1. How will the new tranny mate up with the stock front diff or am I better off just going with a SAS? I know the stock front diff is pretty weak anyway. The truck probably won't see a ton of offroad, mostly sand, snow and mud here in Nebraska. Obviously SAS is better but that's time and money and I'm not convinced it's really necessary just yet.

2. Will the stock 3.73s be sufficient with the added power of the 6.0 or will I still need to regear? Will they even stand up to the approximate 400hp of the 6.0 by the time it's installed with headers, exhaust, intake and tune? Keeping it fairly stock, if I decide I want more power in the future I'll throw a procharger on it.

As I mentioned this is a light to medium offroad rig. Budget is a matter of time. I'm in no big hurry and I have an ex wife and 2 kids to support lol. I fully plan on this truck taking several years, possibly being a never ending project.

20161014_210902.jpg

20161012_151521.jpg

20161003_130833.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e