Looking at installing leveling kit 2010 4x4 tahoe any info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20104x4hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im looking at installing a front end level lift kit on my 2010 Tahoe to get it to sit level. I was looking at the rough country kit. Any one have any suggestions before I buy a kit to put on it? Will this effect any thing or cause premature tire wear? it says to get an alignment after install.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which kit you should get depends on which trim level you have. The LT sits different than the LTZ b/c of autoride and the z71 I believe sits differently as well. So the Rough Country kit may make the LT sit perfectly level but make the LTZ front end too high. I'm not sure which kit to use on which trim level unfortunately, so someone else will have to chime in on that.

OP
OP

20104x4hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which kit you should get depends on which trim level you have. The LT sits different than the LTZ b/c of autoride and the z71 I believe sits differently as well. So the Rough Country kit may make the LT sit perfectly level but make the LTZ front end too high. I'm not sure which kit to use on which trim level unfortunately, so someone else will have to chime in on that.

My tahoe is an lt package and 4x4

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the RC kit and I love it, mine is an 07 3LT 4x4. I also have a pair of 3/4" coil spacers that I was going to throw on the rear if the front sat too high, but the stance is perfect. I still might throw them on for the hell of it one of these days and get a little rake going again, but I haven't felt the need. Here's a before and after on mine:

Tahoe-before-after_zpsf558523d.jpg

Blackmamba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was looking at the rough country kit myself. i am going to go with the CCM Offroad 2.5F/1R. i am trying to squeeze a 33"x11" nitro terra grappler on there. were you trying to put bigger tires on there or just level it out?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have leveled here. Just check this Lifted section for the threads/posts.

As for the 2.5 lift in the front, it has always looked like too much lift for my tastes. I say if you're going to go with 2.5" in the front, you'll want more than 1" in the rear. These trucks are designed to be slightly raked (rear handles higher than the front handles, back window slopes rearward, etc.), so a perfectly leveled NNBS will always look like it's sagging in the rear.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was looking at the rough country kit myself. i am going to go with the CCM Offroad 2.5F/1R. i am trying to squeeze a 33"x11" nitro terra grappler on there. were you trying to put bigger tires on there or just level it out?

Both. I had the tires for a week or so before putting the leveling kit on, and they only rubbed slightly...but with the bigger meats I think it looks better with the front bumped up a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino