Long Tube Headers In California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much I think that the whole exhaust setup will maybe free up 5% more HP; so that would be like 10-13 Hp if my 273,000mi engine was making it's full 260 @ the crank.

Last edited:

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like how those Edelbrocks are made.

Crushing the primary tubes in half before they go into collectors, and having the area around the bolt holes hanging out into the tube will do wonders for performance....no wonder they're shutting down the exhaust side of the company. :gr_grin:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
99, i found out that the ceramic coated ones were actually better the the ti-tech and look like this:

edl-66152_w.jpg

They would cost about $770 delivered I am trying to see if I could squeeze it in this Friday and do the BBP tune and ported throttle body the next week but still short about $130. Still trying tho.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those look nice. But they are the older style where the cats are located on the passenger side correct?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes the cats do not need to be relocated when installing these setups. these edelbrocks were designed top be street legal, simple to do and provide an improvement. I found an old application guide for there exhaust system and typically the shorties gain you about 8hp while the TES gain about 28hp. I acually may go with the darker colored ti-tech coating and experiment with coloring them at a later time. but at any rate I should have money to order them them in four days.

Are your cats in a different place for some reason?

also you can still wait till the cats go and just install them later. Mine probably won't go on right away. I still want to get a BBP tune on a spare pcm and a ported throttle body. the pcm would be programed for the stuff I have now and the headers and TB among other variables so the pcm would have to wait till I can pay someone to install the headers. At that point I plug in the pcm and get the crank relearn done.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

SOB:emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::emotions122::emotions122: Edelbrocks TES are all sold out. DAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia