Long Tube Headers In California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched the forum and I have decided that I would like to add a set of long tube headers. I see many people say that it's long tubes or bust. Are all of these people outside California? I have yet to find a Carb legal set of long tubes for a 99 4wd. Any suggestions?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
edelbrock-ede66153.jpg

This is as close as you are gonna get but get them soon they are no longer manufactured. Edelbrock TES headers.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunlit, I found those last night; and it looks like the Edelbrock TES headers are the closest thing to long tubes.
Jenna, Thank you for the reply. I can only find listings on their website for NBS tahoes. Is BBP a dealer for Bassani? Also, what is the wait list looking like for a data logging tune? I'm defiantly going to need it soon.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unforunately we don't sell Bassanis, but they are really good headers! They may have stopped making the midlengths, but if you can find them somewhere, even used, snag them up!

Currently no wait for a cable.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have they stopped making the Edelbrocks? I was going to wail until my cats went and then build a full exhaust system. Maybe I shouldn't wait.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
They shut down exhaust and suspension divisions. Get them now before it is to late. the shocks for us are already disappearing. aiming to get headers ordered next friday.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunlit,
I have been reading lots of information about the TES headers. What do you think the real world gains will be from a set of those with new California legal cats and a high flow muffler?
I am thinking about building the following: TES headers, best flowing California legal cats, dual 2.5" into a Varoom muffler and then 3" out.

(Varoom mufflers is a new company, http://www.varoommufflers.com/. Its a long story, but if you go to there website my racecar is on the front page and any mufflers I want are free. Basically, the guy is a pneumatics engineer who has a huge air flow/dyno bench and is getting into the muffler business.)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I expect to get 15-20hp at least with high flow cats from magna-flow and a series 44 flowmaster. On claim by edelbrock says it would shave a whole second of your times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy