Local shop for a transmission build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

egrippe

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shop in the DFW area for a performance build on a 4l60e? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
egrippe

egrippe

Reaction score
One day we will get to the engine. Yesterday I installed the corvette servo drove around for about 20 miles and everything was acting great so I rolled up to my shop to see what was going on. I went to leave and the truck would just rev up then finally catch and start moving. So I backed back into the parking spot and noticed a huge puddle of transmission fluid. Looks like I messed something up. Good excuse for a transmission build and stall converter.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
If you come up to Wichita. The best around here did mine. And at an affordable price

OP
OP
egrippe

egrippe

Reaction score
I found a guy in Garland named Gilbert at Ace racing transmissions that I'm going to use. He was really awesome to talk to and was highly recommended on PT.net. Best part is when I get it back I will have a well built transmission, a Circle D converter and a trans cooler! I guess things could be worse.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Nice glad you found a shop. If you woula needed a tow I have trailers lol. Good luck on the build and hope it's back quick

OP
OP
egrippe

egrippe

Reaction score
It will be about 2 weeks, but I'm okay with that. I can't wait to see the difference with it. I will have to go get a re-tune though.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mechanic recommended me to c and r transmissions. They do a lot of classic cars as well.

ttedeschi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am interested to know who you chose and and how it went. I am in dfw as well and have been looking around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milano_II