Lighting Write up Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks!

From what I've been reading a lot of people just do low beams and use a higher quality regular halogen for the highs. I didn't realize the HIDs would burn out quick with flashing etc... Good to know.

Last edited:

ammar456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my HID's on, but they're aimed a bit high, any idea how to adjust them lower?

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah they're are some adjustment nuts right on top of the low beam area, get a mechanic to use the special tool needed to adjust those nuts and turn them a bit down,

ammar456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're are some adjustment nuts right on top of the low beam area, get a mechanic to use the special tool needed to adjust those nuts and turn them a bit down,

does anything need to be opened up/removed to access the adj nuts?

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
will be getting my kit next week from ddm. i would assume basically the same install with the yukons?

Yes it will be the same process.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

does anything need to be opened up/removed to access the adj nuts?
Nope, they are the little nuts to the right in my 9th picture down from the top in this thread.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i have looked at other forums and one guy said you really dont need to take the whole headlight assembly out to do the HID mod. and i was curious about this too, so here goes. Right behind the housing you obviously cant stick you hand down there to change the bulb out, BUT there is a plastic cover going vertical with some push pins (on the drivers side is next to the washer fliud). If you were to remove that, it would give you lots of room to play inside that metal frame GM decided to make around the housing. Making sense? if so wouldnt this be alot easier than taking the whole housing out and dealing with a bunch of screws. The pass side would be bit more as you would have to take the air filter box out but thats no problem.

Does this seem like an easier solution or am i just not making sense?

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my first set of HID's I didnt remove the headlights I just cut the rubber heat shield behind it. But you might wont to remove the top two bolts on the top of the headlight like in pic 9. But if you want to do the Hi beams then thats another story. I all depends on how big your hand is.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
ok so i have looked at other forums and one guy said you really dont need to take the whole headlight assembly out to do the HID mod. and i was curious about this too, so here goes. Right behind the housing you obviously cant stick you hand down there to change the bulb out, BUT there is a plastic cover going vertical with some push pins (on the drivers side is next to the washer fliud). If you were to remove that, it would give you lots of room to play inside that metal frame GM decided to make around the housing. Making sense? if so wouldnt this be alot easier than taking the whole housing out and dealing with a bunch of screws. The pass side would be bit more as you would have to take the air filter box out but thats no problem.

Does this seem like an easier solution or am i just not making sense?

You are right, to tell you the truth, thsi whole process is surprisingle easier than it looks,a nd its the way I knew when I took them out thats why I made this thread.
It would take an amateur about 1 hour and 30 just to do the light removal part alone, for me it would be nothing over 50 out and in.

groundscraper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
will be getting my kit next week from ddm. i would assume basically the same install with the yukons?

I blacked out the housing on some 07 denali headlights and installed them on my wife's 07 yukon. The only issue I had was taking out the headlight. You kinda have to work it towards the upper outside corner (at least, I did). They don't come straight out once you remove the bolts. I also had to remove upper bolts for the grille and bumper so that I had some flexibility since the headlight kinda slides behind there.

Having said all that, I wish I would have done the HID mod once they were out. Oh well, maybe later...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts