Lighting Write up Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 5000K is a pure white light NO yellow. That is what I was after....NO tint at all in the spectrum just as close to daylight as possible. Got mine from DDM and have been pleased since the install.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
My 5000K is a pure white light NO yellow. That is what I was after....NO tint at all in the spectrum just as close to daylight as possible. Got mine from DDM and have been pleased since the install.

Yeah, I'm glad I chose to go with 5000k... Especially after googling various pictures of the different color comparisons. This one really helped:

It goes (top to bottom) 6700k, 6000k, 5700k, 5000k, 4100k, 3000k...

hidchartbc0.jpg

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
I installed my HIDs today and they look great. I still have to adjust the low beams to shine further out because they're kinda pointing down and not utilizing their full potential. The HID fogs ARE AMAZING. They are so bright (only 25W, too) that I actually think they are brighter than the low beams. That's probably because of the smaller housing, more concentrated area. Anyway, I'll post pics soon...

Anybody else find that fogs are brighter and actually look a bit more blue than the low beams? 5000k for EACH (supposedly).

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah Ryan when the light is in a smaller housing it tends to look brighter, thats why the fogs look brighter than the low beams. I noticed the same when comparing my hid reverse lights and hid low beams.
Also it is common for the foglights to look a bit higher in kelvin rating because of how small they are, so it would have been a better match to run 6000k low beams, then 5000k fogs.
Also sometimes because of the 25w ballast you got, the fog lights will look higher in the kelvin rating (more blue) because of the smaller amount of wattage.

Kind of how 8000k 35w and 8000k 55w hids look different, with the 55 watt being less blue because of the higher wattage.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda figured that. Looking at my lights, the low beams themselves aren't that much more powerful, to be completely honest. I did notice that they're only 35w, though. Maybe that's why.

I had a local shop install them and I was inspecting the work to find that they didn't really secure anything (ballasts) down with double sided tape (even when I provided them with it).

How critical is it that everything is secured down? It kinda looks like they just installed it and bunched all the wires right behind the headlight, between the headlight and the heat shield. I am seriously considering going back through and double sided taping everything down.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
As long as the ballast don't move around or anything you're good.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
Guys, fwiw,

The shop that installed my lights used the 25w ballasts for the headlights and the 35w ballasts for the fogs... they ended up switching them back to their correct place, but the foglights are clearly still much bluer (remember both are supposed to be 5000k).

Here's a picture!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 81

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my HIDs today and they look great. I still have to adjust the low beams to shine further out because they're kinda pointing down and not utilizing their full potential. The HID fogs ARE AMAZING. They are so bright (only 25W, too) that I actually think they are brighter than the low beams. That's probably because of the smaller housing, more concentrated area. Anyway, I'll post pics soon...

Anybody else find that fogs are brighter and actually look a bit more blue than the low beams? 5000k for EACH (supposedly).

How do you adjust them because I have the same problem. I mean can I just use a screw driver or do I need a star set?

Last edited:

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the a mod fix the pictures or the OP?

QwkSilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome write up! Do you know If there is an all on mod? Like when I hit my highs so my fogs don't shut off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17