light weight wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went from stock 17's to 20x9 wheels with all terrain tires and noticed that my mpg has dropped an average of 2mpg, so i was wondering if any manufacturers are known for producing light weight off road wheels. is it even possible to have strong off road light weight wheel?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
American Force, Fuel Forged, and Intro are a few but made from solid billet aluminum. Baller status $$$

OP
OP
devious1

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most of those look like street wheels, but some of the fuel one piece wheels come in at 32lbs each, which a lot better than the, iirc 50lbs method wheels.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your new tires will effect your mpg as well.

If you went with a wider and taller tire not only does it weight more, but you have increased your drag coefficient. Also if you have not corrected for increased tire height then your computer that is estimating MPG is wrong. You may have lost significantly less mpg if this is the case.

What size tires are you running?(285/50r20 or whatever.
Ultimately, my point is that your wheel weight may not be effecting you as much s you think, and purchasing lightweight wheels may not make a bit enough difference.

OP
OP
devious1

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my tires are BFG KO2's in 275/55/20's, which should be the stock 20" size. when i originally purchased my wheels, iirc they weighed in close to 50lbs per wheel which is pretty heavy considering other wheels that are 10+lbs lighter. Since the tires are pretty much set, i think my only other option would be searching for lighter wheels.

also, i sent the wheel specs to BB when i got my tune, so hopefully they factored in the wheels.

whats an acceptable wheel weight for 20"?

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Dont tell me your selling ur method NVs + BFGs...cause im looking to get that exact combo....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo