Lifting the awd Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon04

Reaction score
So I have done this before however I converted it to selectable 2/4 wheel drive.. Now I have a Denali XL I removed the air ride and added z71 coils and shocks and the front sits way way low. Can I use torsion keys with the awd with no problems?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but only if you need an inch or less. If you need more, do spindles and then adjust keys a small amount up/down to get it level

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im trying to lift my AWD escalade so I am watching this thread. But lift spindles on AWD/4wd? Really? I didn't think that was an option. All the spindles I have seen say 2wd only. Can you really use spindles on an AWD/4wd and still keep your 4wd? That just doesn't sound right but it wouldn't be the first or last time Ive been wrong.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im trying to lift my AWD escalade so I am watching this thread. But lift spindles on AWD/4wd? Really? I didn't think that was an option. All the spindles I have seen say 2wd only. Can you really use spindles on an AWD/4wd and still keep your 4wd? That just doesn't sound right but it wouldn't be the first or last time Ive been wrong.

hopefully someone who's done it will chime in, but I don't see why not. I've seen 3" drops keeping AWD so I don't see why you couldn't go the other way. I'm a lowering guy so I don't know for sure, I've just seen the product.

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup you can lift the AWD/4WD on keys easy with no issues, go for it!

I know the keys would work but what about the spindles? I get what NathanJax is saying about lowering an AWD on spindles so I guess in theory lifting would work, just wondering if it has been attempted yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10