Lifting a bit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a quick question about a lift. I put some 20's on my 2000 Hoe with 275/60/20 tires (Thanks Kaotik) and have a bit of rubbing on the inner fenderwell. If I were to get the lift keys and a coil spring spacer will the ride quality be rougher? I can see the rear should be the same but the front.......I can't wrap my head around the concept.

I'd only need about an 1 1/2-2" lift. What's the best way to accomplish this. Will I also need the shock extender things or new shocks. I'd really like to go with Bilstein's but will need to figure out which ones.

BTW, I don't know what suspension I have exactly but it has the towing package and some great ole' big around black rear shocks. They appear to be over 3" diameter. Whassat all about?

Thanks for any advice on how to spend my money.:) ---Gunny---

Last edited:

Stimpy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In theory keys will provide a stiffer ride. IN THEORY. I've seen some use shock extenders but I'd recommend new shocks. My old silverado was on blocks and keys. I bought all new Rancho shocks and just got them 2 in longer than stock. It actually rode better than stock.

OP
OP
G

Gunny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the reply. I'll probably do the same thing but with Bilstein shocks. I've got them on my 1995 Impala SS, my 1995 Vette convertible, my 1989 Z-71 pickup and now the Tahoe. I've also got a 2003 (my newest car) Monte Carlo work car with stock shocks and that's OK. No sense putting mag wheels on a dump truck.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question about a lift. I put some 20's on my 2000 Hoe with 275/60/20 tires (Thanks Kaotik) and have a bit of rubbing on the inner fenderwell. If I were to get the lift keys and a coil spring spacer will the ride quality be rougher? I can see the rear should be the same but the front.......I can't wrap my head around the concept.

I'd only need about an 1 1/2-2" lift. What's the best way to accomplish this. Will I also need the shock extender things or new shocks. I'd really like to go with Bilstein's but will need to figure out which ones.

BTW, I don't know what suspension I have exactly but it has the towing package and some great ole' big around black rear shocks. They appear to be over 3" diameter. Whassat all about?

Thanks for any advice on how to spend my money.:) ---Gunny---

I have rear 1.5" coil spacers for 45$ shipped. PM me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missymom68

Latest posts