Lifters ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the guy Larry mentions. At the start of shutdown, I ordered a replacement set of 706 heads and installed (one castech casting and the other a different). In less than 500 miles, the castech cracked. They sent out a replacement 862 non-castech head, so now I have one 706 and one 862. I was out my time, coolant, head gasket and oil but they stood by their product. Time will tell how long these last - 3 year warranty from vendor.

That said, Larry had 862's originally that cracked, so there doesn't seem to be a safe bet.

Rock Auto is highly regarded around here, what did they say? (I can vouch - they sent out a transmission mount that lacked a critical part and had it drop shipped from the manufacturer.)

OP
OP
V

Vilius

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your replies. Glad to know that i'm not that one poor guy who change the heads like a socks. It's not sweet for me to have a bomb under the hood which may explode anytime in a longer trip. Nothing remains but pray I guess.

Took off the cracked head yesterday and I'm shipping it to Rockauto for warranty replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColonelAngus918

Latest posts