Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search eBay, link was over old and apparently that seller does not have them currently. They are a popular wheel, good luck.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 364755
I thought I’d post mine up since I’ve asked a million questions on here. See if I could help someone else with questions. I ended up just doing the lower strut spacer (said it was 1.5”) with 18x9 method 316’s and 285/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Zero rubbing but I’m very very close to the liners…I think I pushed the limits and barely got away with it.
Any reason you could see those wheels not working with the 3.5” lift?

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason you could see those wheels not working with the 3.5” lift?
Not really, I looked in there and the tire is like an inch or so from the upper control arm knuckle deal that goes to the spindle, but seems like good enough room. I’d imagine it would be fine. I guess the only question is how much does the aftermarket A arm stick out more than stock. If it’s close to an inch more, than it would be tight.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding. Looks great with a subtle beefy look. 70 series tires on 17's or 18's are the sweet spot for off road looking SUV's. When you say close to liners, is it the height or the width that is getting close?
Thanks man, my wife and I are really happy with it. I agree that the 70’s give it just enough of a meaty look to the tire. Any smaller wouldn’t look right to me. I’ll post a pic of where it’s really really close to rubbing. I can’t even get a finger in there but I drove it around all day yesterday, making u turns, little off-road, etc and zero rubbing. I’d say it’s a width thing. These are 11.5 width tires, not sure how people do 12.5 wide unless the offset of the wheel is popping out of the truck a bunch or spacers. I’m really happy with the balance of practicality and still look of this setup.

Attachments

• 7DD5395A-3C11-4AC2-92E8-C156E067F770.jpeg
    7DD5395A-3C11-4AC2-92E8-C156E067F770.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 67

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, my wife and I are really happy with it. I agree that the 70’s give it just enough of a meaty look to the tire. Any smaller wouldn’t look right to me. I’ll post a pic of where it’s really really close to rubbing. I can’t even get a finger in there but I drove it around all day yesterday, making u turns, little off-road, etc and zero rubbing. I’d say it’s a width thing. These are 11.5 width tires, not sure how people do 12.5 wide unless the offset of the wheel is popping out of the truck a bunch or spacers. I’m really happy with the balance of practicality and still look of this setup.
That’s the very bottom too….would be very easy to trim.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the very bottom too….would be very easy to trim.
Yeah, they say you can trim and even pull that back and pin it back better. I drove it all over the past couple days and zero rubbing. I think this is absolute max tires size to have to do nothing…but could go a tiny bit more and trim. I’m real happy with the general look and not too heavy of a tire either. The next size up is 10 lbs more per tire…exact same brand and tire. So that made me feel more sure to just stick with this. Doesn’t bog down the power much if at all and give a great meaty look. I’m happy

UAEdunes

Reaction score
View attachment 364755
I thought I’d post mine up since I’ve asked a million questions on here. See if I could help someone else with questions. I ended up just doing the lower strut spacer (said it was 1.5”) with 18x9 method 316’s and 285/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Zero rubbing but I’m very very close to the liners…I think I pushed the limits and barely got away with it.

Looks great. How is the ride with E tyres? Is it much harder? Or does the extra sidewall cancel it out enough? Thanks!

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @UAEdunes , I don’t think the E rated tires are too much harsher in ride. In general, having a more off-road, knobby tires changes the ride a little and adds a little noise. To me, the looks and function definitely out-ways the slight desadvantages. I would say having a bigger sidewall with a smaller wheel helps give it a more cushy ride than 22’s. My wife’s old SUV had 22’s and stock, street tires and ride was ok but not great, we put 18’s with stock, street tires and the improvement in ride quality was very dramatic. Way way smoother and cushier ride. Having load E tires is really nice if you ever tow, as well. I dont regret the E range tires at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy