Lifted 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
BDS 6" suspension lift with fox shocks, stainless steel brake lines, EBC stage 3 brake kit, superchip tuner, custom catback exhaust, S&B cold air intake, 35" Nitto ridge grappler tires, black emblems, 4.10 gears with Detroit trutrac

View attachment 79454

View attachment 79455

View attachment 79456

View attachment 79458
Does lifting cause a rougher ride? Does it increase the risk of a rollover? it looks great. one challenge I face is parking garages that are two low.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! No BDS doesn't offer the upgrade for front fox coilovers yet, but I'm thinking about installing the black fabtech dirt logic 2.5 coilovers. The shop needs to take measurements from the center of wheel cap to opening of fender first because Fabtech makes different lengths. But for now the BDS kit is fine and rides really nice.
I'd definitely get the front coilovers when you can!

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. If I wasn't so damn scared of messing up my warranty, I'd be all over this. In two years, I'll be doing the same thing. Great job again - good stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some companies will warranty whatever they install, replacing the factory warranty which was nulled when the aftermarket parts were installed.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does lifting cause a rougher ride? Does it increase the risk of a rollover? it looks great. one challenge I face is parking garages that are two low.
When we lifted ours I didn't notice a huge difference in the ride, but I'm sure if you want a smoother ride, stick to a stock ride height. I don't think a 6" lift with 35"s raises it up so high that it increases the rollover risk that much, especially if you aren't driving it like a racecar around the corners.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lifting any truck, or car for that matter, will change its center gravity and thus increasing chance for rollover.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We sometimes run into that problem too. The clearance in some parking garages is pretty low. We also had to remove a 2"x6" board at the top of our garage door frame (aesthetic not structural), and remove the luggage rack in order to park in the garage (6" lift on 35's).

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
confused. is the lift a Pro Comp or BDS? also, how about some pics of the Fab Four front bumper please. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645