Lift and Tire specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCHUBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was using the space between the hitch and the bumper to gauge some kind of BL
Shit I hope my turns out like this.

I am confused at this comment, a body lift would not change the hitch to bumper clearance because both the bumper and the hitch are mounted to the frame. That is why you get that ugly gap between the bumper and the tailgate. And the molding on the bumper matches the body perfectly... Doesnt make since i would have to guess no body lift

OP
OP
SPLmonster13

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you body lift you are using body blocks, literally lifting the body from the frame. Since the hitch is mounted to the frame and the body is being lifted from the frame, this creates the gap. If you relocate your bumper up to match the 3" of body lift, then the hitch would hang 3" below the bottom of the bumper.

SCHUBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you body lift you are using body blocks, literally lifting the body from the frame. Since the hitch is mounted to the frame and the body is being lifted from the frame, this creates the gap. If you relocate your bumper up to match the 3" of body lift, then the hitch would hang 3" below the bottom of the bumper.

Ah End of confusion, thanks. I did not know that they made a bumper relocatin bracket

OP
OP
SPLmonster13

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah End of confusion, thanks. I did not know that they made a bumper relocatin bracket

That's what the forum is for!:)

It's funny you should say that, because I didn't know they made a bumper relocation bracket either....so I cut the inside of my bumper and spot welded it up 3"....ha
Oops:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmack