Lift and Tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehulk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need all new ball joints and upper control arm bushings on both side of my car. So instead of replacing them, I was thinking about a rough country 2-3 inch lift kit and replacing the bottom ball joints. I don't want to have to buy new tire since i just bought a set of 32 inch Mickey Thomson tires. I have the front torqued a little with a 1.5 inch block in the rear. so do you guys think that my truck will still look ok with the same tires i have.
IMG_20150919_195520 (2).jpg

OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That thread is 4 years old though. Don't you think they have made some improvements since then?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just get a 4" kit? My opinion is that you will be unhappy with the end result. Engineering flaws aside, the amount of lift will disappoint I bet. Or body lift and do not mess with the suspension at all.

Choice05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting the RC 3inch suspension lift tomorrow on my 2 door.
The shop I'm going with is pretty reputable and told me the 3 inch is good to go. Previous posts were probably the old version.
In terms of the height, go with your preference and budget.
That's what I did.
I'll post pictures and share my install later this week.

OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pictures would be great. I Would want the 4 inch lift but just bought new tires and do not want to buy more. The price of the 4 inch plus tires is just too much for me

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People always forget, you need to pay to play.

In regards to the RC 3", how much does it actually drop the differential? When did the redesign happen?

Choice05, please get pictures of the CV angles and the brackets under the truck so we can take a good look at it. Thanks

Choice05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
People always forget, you need to pay to play.

In regards to the RC 3", how much does it actually drop the differential? When did the redesign happen?

Choice05, please get pictures of the CV angles and the brackets under the truck so we can take a good look at it. Thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10