Leveling Side to Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried leveling my ride height by adjusting the torsion key bolts since our vehicles are notorious for sitting higher on the passenger side. I turned the passenger side 5 turns down and the driver side 5 turns up. This did not change the height at all. Why is this not changing at all??

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you talking about the chevy lean? lol I dont know why doing what you did wouldnt work.

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why it doesn't do anything for me. I'm running DJM lower control arms so I don't know if that's a reason but I don't see how that wouldn't allow adjustability.

jutte73

Reaction score
did you take it out for a drive after you adjusted them before you meassured it again? also check your stabalizer bar end links. i had the lean in my s10 found one of the links where broke. replaced them and it almost leveled it back out. may need to just drive it though and let the tension readjust.. just a thought. good luck!

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you take it out for a drive after you adjusted them before you meassured it again? also check your stabalizer bar end links. i had the lean in my s10 found one of the links where broke. replaced them and it almost leveled it back out. may need to just drive it though and let the tension readjust.. just a thought. good luck!
I did drive it around but there was no change in ride height. What do you mean by stabilizer end links?

jutte73

Reaction score
your stabalizer end links are what attaches your sway bar to your control arms. look at the sway bar under the front of you truck and follow it to each end there will be a rod on each end that runs down to your control arms.. give them a tug and make sure they are good and tight.

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any other ideas of why I can't get any adjustment out of my torsion keys??

OP
OP
M

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be insulting but did you adjust the right bolts?

hahaha none taken! Yes I did. The 2 bolts on either side, right beneath the front seats, that move the torsion keys up and down. I don't know what the deal is. I still haven't figured it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n