Leveling kit maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my 2 inch RCX level/lift kit installed today. I will be posting pics soon but Im here to ask what type of maintenance should I be doing to the vehicle to make sure it is driving correctly and that everything stays working in good condition.

TwiztidPixel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime you mess with the suspension you need an alignment. Other than that keep an eye on your ball joints and front axle shafts.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a grease gun and get to all of the chassis grease zerks on the front of your truck. There are about 100 other things you can do while you are underneath there. Give your brakes a good once-over & see what kind of shape the pads & rotors are in; inspect caliper action while a helper presses the brake pedal. Thoroughly examine the steering linkage & wheels hubs. You will be shaking the tires @ different positions while the front tires are off the ground. Also, have another person turn the steering wheel while you are under it, observing gearbox & follow linkage all the way to tie rod ends @ the spindle. Flush the power steering system.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime you mess with the suspension you need an alignment. Other than that keep an eye on your ball joints and front axle shafts.
this. your ball joint and cv angles will change so keep a watch on them as they may wear a little quicker. just make sure nothing down there seems stretched past its limits. post cv angles too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157