Let's see your keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
TL : DR What do you keep on your keys? Fobs? Flashlights? USB?

Curious to see what everybody's keys situation is like. A while back I caught some crap from a guy at the emissions testing place for having too much weight/too many keys. After getting past the initial thought of "Are we really having this discussion right now???" All I could think was, "Listen hear, chief... I must have these keys for work, and I can't physically leave the house without the car keys... Soooo, yeah, the obvious solution is having them altogether." Ok, befuddled rant over.

I'm also curious to see what accessories you have on your keys, I rocked the full length lanyard through Highschool and College. Now I'm down to just keys organized with a keysmart. Also changed jobs and the new place likes technology! So less keys and now an all encompassing Keycard, woo!

I don't have pics of my keys, brought the wife's car today, apparently she takes the minimalist approach, which is probably why I am constantly having to find them for her...

Keys.JPG

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Only car key today. I have the house key on (never use it anyway go thru garage) the other side of the quick disconnect. The truck key & remote has this quick disc thing too (truck remote on one half with house key, truck key on other half so i can lock it and leave running or use the house key without shutting it off). Work keys on a completely diff ring, also with quick disconnect...

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
I think the reason the guy gave you crap about a heavy keychain is because the weight may cause the key to rotate in the ignition. If it's heavy enough it may bounce and rotate the key to the off position while you're driving. Not good.

As an aside... our son-in-law has a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the dash mounted ignition switch is right near his knee. He has bumped the key and turned it off while on the highway.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my alarm remote, my truck key, and my house keys, plus three or four other keys for the gate padlock, outside storage closet, etc.
Now at my job, I had to carry a LOT of keys. So many keys that I did not even want to put them on the same key ring with my personal keys. So I had each set with a carabineer that allows me to clip them on my belt, or clip them together if I want.
Now my wife had the pushbutton start on her Altima, so she has a shitload of useless key chains and other heavy crap on her keys. LOL

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use an official GMC quick disconnect or valet key now. I keep a house key and truck key on one side and all the other keys on the other half in the console. Connected, it swings and bangs the dash which is annoying. No longer drive around with the keys/remotes to the other cars, they stay at home and are standalone, complete duplicates.

Firespec35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These are mine. I have Truck, house, and truck gun safe. Then the 3 most used keys for work and a couple other little things

1509222455825736359504.jpg

TwiztidPixel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personal keys on the left ring, work keys on the right. Also my fob is just giving up on life, it seems like I've been losing more and more of it but I never have chunks in my pocket. :sunot:

IMG_20171029_005806.jpg IMG_20171029_005856.jpg

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I would of asked for his name-he can suck a lemon.Next time you go threw i would ask for him and attach a large rock on my key chain for the schmuck.121524da73f1c279e109f41ab236388d--bush-garden-rock-crafts.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is like your wife's except with an Escalade fob.

I don't like carrying any more on my person other than what's absolutely necessary. When I go in a store or something, I just bring my debit card, cash and license. You will always find me with a chapstick in the left pocket, a razor knife in the right pocket and cash and/or cards in a back pocket. I carry my phone and key in my hands unless I'm carrying something else because I feel weird walking around with nothing in at least one hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts