Let's see: Your front badges...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Will do...Off to the parts store!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Hey Guys, Just to double check and make sure I didn't miss anything...But the way my Manual shows it I need to remove the plastic cover on the radiator first then the headlights then the grill correct?

I didn't see another way to get to the bow tie without doing all this...

If I recall, I took the platic cover off the top of the radiator to get to the screws on the grille. I don't remember where they all are but I do have a Chilton's manual and can look if you can't find them. I know I did not remove the headlights, although as easily as they come out if it helped it wouldn't be a problem.

I just looked at my manual, if you have one as well, just follow what it says and you'll have no problem

Last edited:

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Yeah I have a manual from Haynes. it shows the plastic cover, Headlights, then the grill. I will get it done this weekend and put pictures up when I can.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
hey google search GM factory spray paint... i found a rattle can of GM white (thats what i used to paint my tails) and it was *******! i think it ran about $20 shipped

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, Trying to get the emblem out AND...Where does this thing come out? Does it snap in and out or is there something I'm missing here?

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, Trying to get the emblem out AND...Where does this thing come out? Does it snap in and out or is there something I'm missing here?

On my 2000 once I had the grille off there were just two tabs on the back side that held it in place, I just squoze them in and pushed it out the front.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, Thats it...Found both tabs with a small mirror...Thanks for the help!

No prob, but as easy as the grille is to take off that might have mad it easier to get to the back of the bow tie. Guess the process isn't as important as the end product. Follow the write up from GMFS that is posted way back in this thread and you'll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz