LED Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, that looks like really crappy workmanship.

I got exactly the same lights, mine however are the clear, not smoked. No issues whatsoever, no fitmemt issues, no crappy workmanship, no issues with cruise control or anything else. Pluged them in and they have been flawless ever since.

05YukonXL

Reaction score
Jordan, i recently installed the same Sonars (noted a few pages back on this thread) and encountered the rough edges as yours. Overall still happy with the lights.

OP
OP
S

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad vendor

Yup, they are spyder's and came with resistors...having some issues though currently ---> no night time running lights in the rear at night. Anyone have an idea what would be causing this? All my fuses checked out...:doh2:

Townsend, I'm having the same problem with a set of CG lights from extralights.com I called the vendor (yes im out of warranty by a month) to see if they would help me out and gotta $1.25 discount. Looks like i need to figure these out so if u find a fix let me know. I'm afraid to bust the housing open and break something. Are your brake lights and turns working still. I'll let you know if I find a fix.

Townsend

Reaction score
Townsend, I'm having the same problem with a set of CG lights from extralights.com I called the vendor (yes im out of warranty by a month) to see if they would help me out and gotta $1.25 discount. Looks like i need to figure these out so if u find a fix let me know. I'm afraid to bust the housing open and break something. Are your brake lights and turns working still. I'll let you know if I find a fix.

That's what's odd- turn signal, brakes, and reverse ALL work perfectly. My only issue is the parking lights. I can't even drive at night right now (unless I put flashers on) since the back of my already black truck is pitch black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried one more time, non-smoked Spyders, and 3rd time was the charm.
Fits very well, no gaps, very mild rough spots from the mold being trimmed off at Sonar, L-resistors built in, no hyperflash, cruise-control or any other issues.
Only thing was that they werent exactly brand new, looks like they have been returned and re-packaged. The left LED light wasnt sealed in the bag, and had greasy finger prints, some small scuffs, I was able to buff all that out.

:head3:

yukon_zps3d977f27.jpg

BrooklynMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty good. I'm on the verge of getting new LEDs soon, I was debating between Spyder and Anzo. A few years ago I got K2 Motor lights but one of them died, I think after it got wet at the car wash. It blew a fuse and I just went back to the stock lights. I might try my luck with Spyder, hopefully I will get lucky and not have any fitment issues.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty good. I'm on the verge of getting new LEDs soon, I was debating between Spyder and Anzo. A few years ago I got K2 Motor lights but one of them died, I think after it got wet at the car wash. It blew a fuse and I just went back to the stock lights. I might try my luck with Spyder, hopefully I will get lucky and not have any fitment issues.

Thanks. I went through 2 pair and the people @ Spyder said "Bad batch" so I waited and then re-ordered and finally got some good ones. I haven't read any negative reviews about water intrusion & the Spyders, so I hope it stays that way, cause I give it a bath every other day. Black truck + working/parking around construction doesnt mix well as you can imagine.

I was behind a white yukon yesterday with those Anzo's with the reverse in the middle, and honestly the spyders look alot better, just my opinion. But go with what ya like buddy.

BrooklynMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually pulled the trigger on the Spyder LEDs yesterday! I ordered from Amazon in case I have any issues. Hopefully I will be installing it next weekend.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually pulled the trigger on the Spyder LEDs yesterday! I ordered from Amazon in case I have any issues. Hopefully I will be installing it next weekend.

Awesome dude, post some pictures when you get them hooked up. I may do a quick 30-sec video of mine since there aren't many out there, and mine worked out great, and put it on my YouTube.

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
Thanks. I went through 2 pair and the people @ Spyder said "Bad batch" so I waited and then re-ordered and finally got some good ones. I haven't read any negative reviews about water intrusion & the Spyders, so I hope it stays that way, cause I give it a bath every other day. Black truck + working/parking around construction doesnt mix well as you can imagine.

I was behind a white yukon yesterday with those Anzo's with the reverse in the middle, and honestly the spyders look alot better, just my opinion. But go with what ya like buddy.

Glad it finally worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog