LED Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 Tahoe Z71 and I'm looking to get a set of LED tail lights for her. I want to avoid hyper flash and loss of cruise so I want the resistor already in it. I know a lot of people on the forum have purchased Sonar's but after searching Ebay I can not seem to find ones that will fit. I'm open to any brand but would like more of a "factory" look so no tint or clear/chrome for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go on ebay and search 2000-2006 tahoe yukon led taillights and pick the ones that best suit you. There are only a few that come with the resistors built in so you might have to ask the seller if you're not sure.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of resistors being "in" the tails, as I've been told you have to wire them up front. However, I say screw resistors and their heat, and check this.

Here is a link to smoked tails I purchased some 2 weeks ago. They around maybe 2mm shorter than stock, but still fit perfectly. Note: You WILL have to take the bevel clasps off of the stock housings where they screw in, but you'll see what I mean. They look amazing, truly amazing. I am doing my camera work this next week after some plastidipping, so will be sure to link it in this thread if you haven't decided yet. Also note that a bulb for the reverse is not included, so get you an LED while you're at it!

Now, for your hyper flash. I have heard that not everyone experiences it for some reason. For the sake of time, I didn't care to test it, and I ordered this nifty product off of Amazon.com at the same time as the lights. It will replace the flasher module under your dash, allowing for the negligible power draw from the LEDs. It is plug n' play, and gives a nice new blinker sound (not tick tock, more like thump thomp) that is lower in frequency and simply less loud. Works as it should.

You mentioned you wanted factory, and I insist that those LEDs look aweesome, awesome, awesome. They are lightly smoked, much more gray than black. However, if you are looking for no tint at all, still look for housings from that seller.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See my pics for the ones I bought. You will not have hyper flash as they have built in resistors. However you will have to put resistors on the brake light wires to not lose cruise control. I think mine were $130 ... and they are "spec d tuning" brand.

Good luck.

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Spyder LED tails listed in the classified section

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet my 35watt LED reverse lights would be really bright in them!

Amazon wants $197 and Free shipping
Ebay $129 and Free shipping

Last edited:

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grimes, those look like the Sonar lights with resistors built in already. They are an exact match to mine. You went the way I did and bought an led flasher. In my opinion it is the only way to go. I don't see why people would hack up their wiring harness to install resistors.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

I bet my 35watt LED reverse lights would be really bright in them!

If they are not too long. I tried DDM's cree lights in the first set, the sonars, and the bulb hit the lense knocking them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019