LED tails with all LEDs as brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im selling a set like these in the classifieds if anyone is looking for a good deal just make an offer

Attachments

• tail1.JPG
    tail1.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 41
  • tail3.jpg
    tail3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 32

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok just installed the resistor they sent me 7 months ago and it is the fix for the cruise control....

OP
OP
DanangMarine68
Reaction score
Okay, thanks everyone for your photos. It's going to be a hard choice as I like both the smoked and the red and I think either will look good with black.

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what did you end up getting?

I'm still waiting for a reply from Dante@HIDguys - who intially said they did'nt send out the resistor packs as a fix, only the info on how to fix the lights, when I said several members on this forum had gotten theirs for free, he said he'd look into it, but I have not heard from him in ages...

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im selling a set like these in the classifieds if anyone is looking for a good deal just make an offer

hey not to thread jack but i have an led tail light ? and didnt want to start another thread but ive ordered these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fccfde7a tail lights recieved them today and tried to install its a direct fit but for some reason my brake lights wont work turn signal and reverse but not brake light...I unpluged them and installed the factory and im getting the same problem any idea whats wrong??? is there more to plug an plaY??? (parking lights do work?

Last edited:

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey not to thread jack but i have an led tail light ? and didnt want to start another thread but ive ordered these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fccfde7a tail lights recieved them today and tried to install its a direct fit but for some reason my brake lights wont work turn signal and reverse but not brake light...I unpluged them and installed the factory and im getting the same problem any idea whats wrong??? is there more to plug an plaY??? (parking lights do work?

LED tail lights usually require that you install resistors since they require so little power. This can often have unusual side effects on your vehicle :)

But for you it sounds like you have wired something slightly wrong and have blown a fuse while connecting the new lights, since the error is still there when you hook up your OEM lights.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED tail lights usually require that you install resistors since they require so little power. This can often have unusual side effects on your vehicle :)

But for you it sounds like you have wired something slightly wrong and have blown a fuse while connecting the new lights, since the error is still there when you hook up your OEM lights.

will come to find out my brake light switch went out so it being replaced at the dealer (warrenty) ...so when i get it back i need to hook up resitors to it??? how do i go about that??

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will come to find out my brake light switch went out so it being replaced at the dealer (warrenty) ...so when i get it back i need to hook up resitors to it??? how do i go about that??

You may not need a resistor. Install the lights and if they work correctly and your cruise control still works, you should be good to go...

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool... it crazy to me how tail lights can mess with your cruise control I never knew that thanks for the info

OP
OP
DanangMarine68
Reaction score
So what did you end up getting?

Nothing yet. I'm also looking at this set of taillights.
http://www.customstreetdesigns.com/5893-LED663.htm

These have individually replaceable LEDs and that means access to the back of the module so I might be able to convert them to light all LEDs for brakes and turns using the following module.
http://www.etrailer.com/Tow-Bars/Roadmaster/RM-732.html

I just need to search out additional videos for the different taillights. I'm not an impulse buyer so this may take a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia