LED bar windshield mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed mt GG lighting mounts on my suburban, really easy and nice setup. I never emailed them but did call and talk to them and ordered them after that, now to fix the noise of the heat fins moving with the wind like a tuning fork id be happy

How sturdy are the mounts. And please keep us updated on the adjustment of the bar and the noise. I'm really debating on pulling the trigger on a windshield led and like the idea of the mounting of the gg and how it's more on the windshield rather than the roof. My main concerns were the strength and sturdiness off the mounts with a bar attached and the with the placement lower if it helped with the wind noise or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
You're gonna get noise regardless. The mounts are pretty sturdy with the light bar attached at least mine are.

OP
OP
B

bikerglasses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bar did you use for the GG mounts and can you take some pics of the mounting points?

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
I don't have the GG mounts, I got mine off eBay for about $89 bucks. I got the light bar from there too.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bikerglasses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the GG mounts, I got mine off eBay for about $89 bucks. I got the light bar from there too.

I meant the message for 'tobysan90' who said he just installed the GG mounts. Was curious what LED bar he user and also if he could take and post some pictures or how the mounts mounted to the truck. When I emailed the company who makes GG mounts they said their mounts don't work with the Chinese eBay/amazon mounts that are 52-54".

Last edited:

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the mounts listed again by the seller. Here's the sellers link for the mounts: http://www.ebay.com/usr/jhil3056?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

And this is the seller who I bought the light bar from: http://www.ebay.com/usr/foreverunauto?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Came across these on ebay while searching for the ones I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-99-06-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e97d20f25&vxp=mtr

Interesting that the listing says it will fit 99-06 GM trucks, but when I enter my vehicle year/make/model info in the drop downs, it says it won't fit.

Also, glad it worked out for you - I don't think I could've brought myself to buy something from a seller that only had 121 transactions and 90% positive feedback :)

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Yeah I was kinda skeptical too at first but after considering most if not all the other mounts were almost as much as the lightbar itself, I decided to take a chance. They went on with ease and are pretty sturdy with the lightbar attached. I haven't had any problems at all. I was just glad to find a pair under a $100.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out!

I wish there was a way to attach it like that WITHOUT drilling 6 holes in the body of the truck... I think I'll explore options to install it behind my grill, using the radiator/oil cooler supports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe