Led ac controller lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now for the paper work
There is something else you can do, theoretically. I figured I'd toss it out there in case it helps:

These guys might help: https://modulemaster.com/collections/climate-controls

I have no affiliation; just found them and threw them out in case they can help.

Additionally, I'd get a used one from an auto recycler, FB Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. Here where I am, I sometimes see them for $50, running.

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is something else you can do, theoretically. I figured I'd toss it out there in case it helps:

These guys might help: https://modulemaster.com/collections/climate-controls

I have no affiliation; just found them and threw them out in case they can help.

Additionally, I'd get a used one from an auto recycler, FB Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. Here where I am, I sometimes see them for $50, running.
Thank you. Thanks for info. While I am at it was you take on drivers switch assemblies. Without heated mirrors. Bough one but didnot work because it was for heated mirrors and it drained my battery over night pills 10 amps h by ring the wrong one. Don’t know why electrically. Ever take one apart ? Are the switches repairable or could ntscts just burn away. ?? I have my old controller for ac as well. Needs bulb kit. Just no time. To sit and have bench time. Rather work on cylinder heads. 24 hours in a day. Hard to stretch that. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok going back to problem.
Fuse under hood.

HVAC. ECAS. was a 10 amp fuse that allowed just the center section to go out while buttons and side lighting stayed on and control stop working.
The main reason I changed my old control out was everything it controlled ie heater and ac controller the blower side of it would quit working. After 10 minutes and I would have to restart the vehicle to get it back on again. Also for your knowledge the SCR in the blower control module originally was rated at 60 amps in the OEM unit but in the after market ones 50 amps
The scr cost 4.00. Or less in bulk QTY. Be advised that the heat sink grease does dri up over time from heat and cause chip to burn out. This was also the main problem in the old HEI distributors. The CPU module would overheat and burn out. A lot of people did not regrease the module upon install and would burn out faster. Also the wire crimps would corrode and cause bad connections. Just a TID BIT of info.

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman came through with their warranty. shipped me a new unit at no cost. Nice and bright now, Fuse i was talking about was HVAC/ECAS 10 amps under hood fuse box, controls center led and control button function, but not the side leds and lighting. Kinda makes you think it went **** but only the fuse did.

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to decipher the question (lightheartedly), my cracker jack decipher glasses only work so well.
good luck
you could try taking it apart, be careful they break easily if not disassembled properly and they are not cheap to replace as you may already be aware.
You know we all get in a hurry, only 24 hours in a day, everyone wants to be first around you, and i have big fingers little spaces on i phones for your bleeding fingers and hands getting cut up and bad enough we spend time on phones let alone getting xxxx done too. Yea i rarely go back and re read stuff. But yea after these kind of days i could use a cold beer, LOL No harm no foul for sure, but then the dam stores are passed hours to sell it and i have to settle for cold water XXXX. I just dislike internet english teachers. Bad enough the world has turned into acronyms that makes my brain hurt.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see folks as "internet english teachers" so much as wise ***** having fun at our expense. On the flip side, I am often the "wise ass having fun at someone else's expense", so I'm not only a wise ass, but a hypocrite too... :(

But considering when someone misspells or misstates something it can give sentences an entirely different, and totally funny meeting -- I just can't help myself sometimes.

We just have to keep in mind that the members of this forum have everyone's best interests at heart, and never say or do anything to purposely hurt other members. If we proceed from there, it gives us the opportunity to laugh at ourselves, without needing to be defenses, or getting offended by someone else being an *******. And consider this: If we all didn't have at least one *******, we'd leave this life still full of :poop:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito