Last pic of it at this height 6inch super lift going under it on wednsday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hmmm2: did you have keys installed? stock tbs? you got almost 3 inches on me? you have the RCX 6 inch lift right?

42" on the suburban with the RCX (a diff drop of about 5.25") no crank.

45" on the taho with a Cepek / Extreme suspensions (a diff drop of 6.5") about 1.5" of crank.

Stock keys and torsion bars on both trucks.

I could be a smart ass and say I got 8" keys though....

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so new dilemma... as you all know sometimes i cant find the time to work on this thing and thought id give the shop that did my lift to put in my AAL and crank the keys a little because im at a negative angle on them heres what i was told
"we dont recommend AALs because of axle wrap " ok if i remember correctly LIFT BLOCKS cause axle wrap because it gives the axle more leverage on the leafs. even said i dont even have enough tourqe to cause axle wrap right? i thought this was really only a concern with diesels and high tourqe motors?
i think im going to contact Super Lift in the morning to verify this as i bought a 6.5 inch kit . my research concluded before purchase that it was 4.5 or 5 inch blocks and a full six inches was achieved through AALs ? correct me if im wrong guys but IMO the only thing I should expierence with AALs and a LITTLE crank is a stiffer ride right?

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really can't see it causing anyything more than a little stiffer ride. You said you're at negative angles? So assuming everything is level now, the crank would be little over stock angle. I can't see any mal effects from that. As far as stiffer ride goes, I'm one of those crazies that actually likes a firmer ride. I feel a little more in control.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea i preffer stiffer ride. I haul shit so it works out for me

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really can't see it causing anyything more than a little stiffer ride. You said you're at negative angles? So assuming everything is level now, the crank would be little over stock angle. I can't see any mal effects from that. As far as stiffer ride goes, I'm one of those crazies that actually likes a firmer ride. I feel a little more in control.

yea not too much but they sloop downwards towards the diff maybe 5 degrees or more , and this is what i figured im still going to give SL a call and see what they say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo