Keys and blocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want a monster truck but 3 inches might be cool on 33's. Keeping stock rims. Will keys and blocks do ok for a budget lift? Also post pics if you are running the same setup.

My hoe sitting stock height.

20170330_173134.jpg

Last edited:

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want a monster truck but 3 inches might be cool on 33's. Keeping stock rims. Will keys and blocks do ok for a budget lift? Also post pics if you are running the same setup.

My hoe sitting stock height.

View attachment 78970
3 inch keys and 2 inch spacers in the rear. 275/70r18 (33.3x11) tires on 18x10 -24 wheels. The lift, wheels, tires and cost to install lift was $1990 all together.
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG
My keys aren't maxed out but I think it's a bit higher than 3 inches and with the 2 inch spacers in the rear it squats about 1/2"-3/4" if you want it level just don't crank the keys as much as mine are

OP
OP
TXBowtieGuy

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 inch keys and 2 inch spacers in the rear. 275/70r18 (33.3x11) tires on 18x10 -24 wheels. The lift, wheels, tires and cost to install lift was $1990 all together.
View attachment 78974
View attachment 78975
My keys aren't maxed out but I think it's a bit higher than 3 inches and with the 2 inch spacers in the rear it squats about 1/2"-3/4" if you want it level just don't crank the keys as much as mine are

Cool ride. Thanks for the reply. I ordered 3" blocks for the rear and 1"-3" keys for the front. I kind of like the factory stance. But higher.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool ride. Thanks for the reply. I ordered 3" blocks for the rear and 1"-3" keys for the front. I kind of like the factory stance. But higher.
I wasn't really going for the squat, I was looking for it to be level but now I'm kinda likening the slight squat. I won't be towing anything heavy either

OP
OP
TXBowtieGuy

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't really going for the squat, I was looking for it to be level but now I'm kinda likening the slight squat. I won't be towing anything heavy either

Only thing I'm towin is a small trailer for my Harley.

stangergt99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 78974
View attachment 78975
I hope you don't mind me asking but was looking at doing something similar to this but was worried that the 3 inches in front would be too much on the cv axels with the angle of the u-joints how long have you had yours like this and has it caused any problems or do you know more on this thanks

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind me asking but was looking at doing something similar to this but was worried that the 3 inches in front would be too much on the cv axels with the angle of the u-joints how long have you had yours like this and has it caused any problems or do you know more on this thanks
I've had mine like this for 7 months now and the cv angles aren't the best but I use 4wd all the time and have no problems. I wouldn't suggest going as high as I did, I think I'm higher than 3 in the front because my upper control arms are hitting the droop stops which means it's maxed out and can't crank the keys anymore. If you're doing it yourself you can control that but if not, then make sure you tell the shop to keep it just under 3inches, maybe at 2 3/4". But again my cv angles aren't good but 4wd still works

stangergt99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had mine like this for 7 months now and the cv angles aren't the best but I use 4wd all the time and have no problems. I wouldn't suggest going as high as I did, I think I'm higher than 3 in the front because my upper control arms are hitting the droop stops which means it's maxed out and can't crank the keys anymore. If you're doing it yourself you can control that but if not, then make sure you tell the shop to keep it just under 3inches, maybe at 2 3/4". But again my cv angles aren't good but 4wd still works[/QUOTE
Was wondering about that was going to get 1-3 front keys with 3 blocks for back I have air ride now but removing that when lifting just didn't know if I should do that lift or go with 1-3front and 2 back and not lift the front as much I like the look of your but not wanting anysquat

stangergt99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was wondering about that was going to get 1-3 front keys with 3 blocks for back I have air ride now but removing that when lifting just didn't know if I should do that lift or go with 1-3front and 2 back and not lift the front as much I like the look of yours but not wanting any squat I have 33s on it now and think the 3 would look good just don't want to make more trouble than what's its worth

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering about that was going to get 1-3 front keys with 3 blocks for back I have air ride now but removing that when lifting just didn't know if I should do that lift or go with 1-3front and 2 back and not lift the front as much I like the look of yours but not wanting any squat I have 33s on it now and think the 3 would look good just don't want to make more trouble than what's its worth
2.5 front and 2 in the back will make it level