Keys and blocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stangergt99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was lifted when I bought it, so I won't be much help.
It's 2 or 3", I didn't measure the block. 33" tires on 17 inch rims.
20170404_174403.jpg
Looks good I am def wanting 3 if not more I think at this point

OP
OP
TXBowtieGuy

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think about the looks of doing 3in leveling and 1 to 3 in body

I've had 2 trucks with body lifts and my major beef is the bumpers have to be moved with brackets. They loose their integrity. Also unless you have the skirts you see a 3 inch gap in the wheel wells. And lastly the frame now hangs down 3 inches and is more visible. I'd just spend the extra cash now and do it right.

I got the keys and spacers and now it rides ******. Very stiff in the front but I know I need shocks. If that doesn't work I'm gonna save up and get a good suspension lift so it's done right.

stangergt99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had 2 trucks with body lifts and my major beef is the bumpers have to be moved with brackets. They loose their integrity. Also unless you have the skirts you see a 3 inch gap in the wheel wells. And lastly the frame now hangs down 3 inches and is more visible. I'd just spend the extra cash now and do it right.

I got the keys and spacers and now it rides ******. Very stiff in the front but I know I need shocks. If that doesn't work I'm gonna save up and get a good suspension lift so it's done right.
Amen to that of coarse always the deal is money I think I am going to try the keys and spacers with the brackets for the shocks and try it if don't like just do like you and deal til can afford otherwise thanks for the honest opinion on the body lift always helps with personal experience

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" keys, 2" spacers with Z71 springs in the rear - 39 1/2" fender height all four corners. 285/75/16's (33") on 16x8 wheels
I have a Zone body lift I may put on, and it won't be all that noticeable because I'm keeping the running boards. The rear hitch is bolted to the frame, not the bumper, so I won't have any issues with towing with the body lift on.

Cleaned 4.jpg

stangergt99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3" keys, 2" spacers with Z71 springs in the rear - 39 1/2" fender height all four corners. 285/75/16's (33") on 16x8 wheels
I have a Zone body lift I may put on, and it won't be all that noticeable because I'm keeping the running boards. The rear hitch is bolted to the frame, not the bumper, so I won't have any issues with towing with the body lift on.

View attachment 81600
Ya that looks good I am going that direction and mabee the body lift too its funny your led lights in the front are set up close to the same as mine thanks for sharing I like all the info to help with deciding what I want to do with mine

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When yall say spacers do you mean body spacers? I cranked my keys and its level, thinking about new shocks to make it squat a lil like 02_Tahoe

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When yall say spacers do you mean body spacers? I cranked my keys and its level, thinking about new shocks to make it squat a lil like 02_Tahoe

No, by spacers we mean wheel spacers, bolted to your hubs, then the wheels get bolted to them, making the stance wider.

If you cranked your keys to make it level, new shocks won't do anything to lower the rear end, it's not going to squat unless you put at least 800 lbs in the rear. You can raise the front more to make it higher than the rear, or you can put shorter springs in the rear.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, by spacers we mean wheel spacers, bolted to your hubs, then the wheels get bolted to them, making the stance wider.

If you cranked your keys to make it level, new shocks won't do anything to lower the rear end, it's not going to squat unless you put at least 800 lbs in the rear. You can raise the front more to make it higher than the rear, or you can put shorter springs in the rear.
I think in this thread, spacers are the blocks put under the springs to add lift.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9