keyless entry fob reprogam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you said your fobs came with the truck but are they the correct ones? There are 2 different fobs for these years.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both my fobs stopped working on me at the same time. Replaced batteries and I've tried to reprogram using the method above several times with no luck. In for results!

OP
OP
H

HDTECH

Reaction score
Well I have two diferent ones lol what is the number that I should have on the back of the fob? One is unlock\lock and rear 2x buttons. The other has the red horn button

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the one with the red horn button. I think the other one is for earlier models, but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
H

HDTECH

Reaction score
Ok. I ordered a new fob from the dealer well see what happens iguess worst case 40 bucks wasted.

OP
OP
H

HDTECH

Reaction score
New fob dod the trick! Must have had all the wrong ones lol

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. A buddy of mine works at a dealership and gave me an extra fob they had laying around. For some reason it will not work, do I have to "initialize" the fob first before trying to set it up for my truck? If so, how is that done?

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. A buddy of mine works at a dealership and gave me an extra fob they had laying around. For some reason it will not work, do I have to "initialize" the fob first before trying to set it up for my truck? If so, how is that done?

Got it taken care of, apparently there are two different model number fobs for 2001 Suburban so I just removed the battery clip from the new one and soldered it to the old one, good as new!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217