Anyone add a trailer brake controler - 2021 Yukon without Max Tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arcticcat522

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey all,

Did a quick search and most things ive found are in regards to yukons with Max Tow... I want to add a braje controler to my 2021 without max tow. Where did you mount, anyissues or problems you have ran into? Also, im lowered a few inches, so this should be interesting. not sure what weight distribution hitch im going to get yet, but know i will need one. Also, any "helper" springs/bags/overloads you have?? let me know what you got...

Thanks in advance.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Curt Spectrum is a nice controller in that it can install in the OEM location.

Also, no helper bags available on the '21+ platform as the rear shocks mount inside the rear springs on the IRS.

OP
OP
A

arcticcat522

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Curt Spectrum is a nice controller in that it can install in the OEM location.

Also, no helper bags available on the '21+ platform as the rear shocks mount inside the rear springs on the IRS.

Wasn't thinking about the IRS for some reason....I've seen that controler fairly frequently lately. It seems to provide a better install dor something I will rarely rely on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigStick