Key Fobs (Programming) DIY, Possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAYkon

Reaction score
As you may or may not know I recently purchased a 2012 Yukon but the dealer only had 1 Key and 1 remote. So, I've been looking to maybe buy one off Ebay and was wondering if self programming was possible and how to do so if it was?

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"There is no manual on board procedure to program a keyless remote to this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the remote."

Copied and pasted from programyourremote.com

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: The keyfob that I sourced on Amazon works perfectly, but the action to program it seems to have simultaneously wiped-out the programming on my original keybob. This suggests that when a user programs the new fob, as I did, it literally replaces the prior fob.

shortbusondubs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, you have to program them both during the process. i searched youtube and found a video that explained it all. i'm firewalled at work but there should be several out there.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got into a 2008 Tahoe LT with only one keyfob. I sourced a GM fob for only about $25.00 and found it easy to program myself using the Driver Information Center button. Took less than a minute.

Here's the one I bought: http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Electroni...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
My '07 was the same way, but perhaps they wiped out the DIC programming feature in later years?

UPDATE: The keyfob that I sourced on Amazon works perfectly, but the action to program it seems to have simultaneously wiped-out the programming on my original keybob. This suggests that when a user programs the new fob, as I did, it literally replaces the prior fob.
You just need to repeat the process with your old fob.

Start up the key relearn feature, grab your new fob and hold down the lock/unlock buttons until you hear the chime. Then immediately pick up your old fob and repeat. Both fobs will now be fully functional.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I realize this is an old, thread, but I need to program a new food on my 2006 Denali xl.can I do this processor my 2006? And also if so how do I start the key relearn process?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo