Key fob works but button locks don't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kafug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 yukon denali obs. My door locks started going crazy locking and unlock for a few days. Then it stopped doing it but my inside door locks quit working but my key fob is fine. Also when I open my door my factory alarm starts screaming at me. Dosent matter if I already have a door open as soon as I open a different door it will go off again. Just wondering if anyone here has any ideas on this as I'm stumped.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these functions go through the BCM. Check all your major grounds. In fact I would go ahead and remove, clean and reattach them. This is a quite common problem when one of the major grounds gets corroded or broken. Check behind the engine on the firewall first. There is a remote possibility that the BCM is the culprit but the ground check and fix is free!

OP
OP
K

kafug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes they just kept locking and unlocking without any input from me. I starting to lean towards the bcm but I will recheck all my grounds again first. They should be good though I just rebuilt the motor and everything about 20000kms ago. That is all ways the one thing I go over like three times but you never know. I tired changing the relay and unplugging one lock switch at a time but no go.
It started after it rained for a few days straight and I was getting some water in on the passenger side floor. I'm also getting a parasitic battery drain so I'm thinking the bcm is always trying set the alarm or locks. I don't know it's weird.
Give me a motor and I can build a proformance motor no problem, but give me some wires and a computer and I'm stumped.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
take out and open the bcm and make sure there are not burnt circuits or corrosion on the board. if you water on the passenger floor then it is very possible the bcm was violated as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasser Ali