07 Tahoe locking and unlocking inconsistent using key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exzelz

Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe and when I unlock and lock my truck it seems very inconsistent. Sometimes when I get out it locks right away using the fob and other times it doesn’t want to lock for a little bit.

The same thing happens with unlocking it too, it will unlock the driver door, but when I keep pressing the button it doesn’t want to unlock the rest for some time.

I did notice that when my headlights are off it will lock consistently but if they are on I have to wait for them to turn off before I can lock it using the fob.

Before anyone asks I did change the battery lol

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Same problem with both fobs? Do the other fob functions work?

OP
OP
exzelz

exzelz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Same problem with both fobs? Do the other fob functions work?
Appreciate it! I have not tried it with the other fob I will have to test it. Are you thinking it could be a bad fob?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660