Key fob issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe LS. When i got it i only got one key and no key fobs. I had a 2002 Chevy Silverado LT previously and kept one key fob from it, hoping to program this key fob to my tahoe, but i cant get it to program. Before the key fob was on the silverado, it was on a 2004 Chevy Impala SS. It worked fine on the silverado, other than the trunk button obviously. Surely there isnt a certain number of times a key fob can be programmed is there? any help is appreciated. thank you.

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fob you have has a different FCC code than the system in the vehicle. They aren't unique to a single vehicle but for some reason manufacturers use different one's in different situations. Search the forum or post to see what others have for theirs. A Google search might even get you what you need. You could check out e-bay for replacement fobs for your vehicle, but if more than 1 code was used you can't be sure what you'll get. Most of the time you'll find the FCC code listed in the details of the auction listing. Once you have the right fob, it should be as simple as following the programming instructions that you can find easily - and they usually are included with the replacement.

Item model number FCC ID: LHJ011
Manufacturer Part Number 21997127, 15186200 Memory #1, 15186201 Memory #2, 15132197 Memory #1, 15132198 Memory #2, 10377295, 22730827, 15186203

Just found this on an amazon listed item with a Google Search for "2003 Tahoe replacement fob" if the fob you have has the same FCC ID it should work, unless there are other ID's that were used

Last edited:

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New ones cheap!

Hey Austin, I bought a pair of FOBS off Ebay for a killer deal and got them programmed. See this thread for further details:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57917

The thread has a link to the programming instructions, so maybe if you try the instructions with your current FOB, it might work. If not, pick up a bargain from Ebay.

Joe

Ddbell21

Reaction score
Hey Austin when I bought my yukon I had the same issue but I went to a local junk yard and got two key fobs for free. They had a huge box full of them and the best part they didn't even make me pay for it they were 5 bucks apiece anyways lol but free is better. Save your money from eBay and go to a junk yard.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Austin when I bought my yukon I had the same issue but I went to a local junk yard and got two key fobs for free. They had a huge box full of them and the best part they didn't even make me pay for it they were 5 bucks apiece anyways lol but free is better. Save your money from eBay and go to a junk yard.

I never thought of that, but now that you mention it.. I could totally see a junk yard collecting a big bin of old FOBs that they have no need for.
Definitely check this route out! :Handshake:

OP
OP
austinfranze

austinfranze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats definately a good idea. never thought of that. i will be going by the local junk yard tomorrow. thank you everyone for your input.

bigdaddymatty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just make sure the fcc # is the same as posted above. i went through the same issue hit up the wreckers and was good to go. make sure to programe both fobs in the same time than exit the programing. its easy i googled it. good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00

Latest posts