Kenny D's Tahoe To Go thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How am it be connected in there kenny, just shoved in or siliconed or is it tight enuff wit out nuthin?

Look good btw

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was tight enough to stay in but just for good measure I added some "Seal All" adhesive.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm reminded by the wife, no need for a spreadsheet.

LOL
I remember making a post a few months back when I said something like, "I like my truck just as it is and don't need to modify anything!" hahaha Hundreds of dollars later, my wife is kicking my a$$ on the daily. lolol

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL
I remember making a post a few months back when I said something like, "I like my truck just as it is and don't need to modify anything!" hahaha Hundreds of dollars later, my wife is kicking my a$$ on the daily. lolol
I said that too, but you guys are a bunch of bad influences.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
To get the incoming air below the filter media. As the other side pulls the vacuum above the filter media. That way it's filtered before returning into the intake.

This raises the old question of which hose goes where on the catchcans.com version again. I believe the final consensus was that the inlet (valve cover hose) should come into the top chamber. This way gravity and vacuum direction helps the drops through the filter and into the bottom of the can. What @Kenny D has done here is the opposite. IIRC, there was an argument for hooking them up this way: the dirty air comes in by all the crud and is forced up through the filter and out. Why would you want the outlet (hose to intake) coming from the same chamber as all the crud? Then the argument for the other: the filter will only drops will only fall from the filter when the engine is off because of vacuum direction... Thoughts anybody?

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If looking at a "water trap" for an air compressor, the incoming air is drawn in to the bowl, sucked up through the filter, and then to the final location. The air is filtered and the bowl retains the impurities.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
If looking at a "water trap" for an air compressor, the incoming air is drawn in to the bowl, sucked up through the filter, and then to the final location. The air is filtered and the bowl retains the impurities.

This was also my inclination. It was confusing to me why the catchcans.com ones all get hooked up the other way. Anybody else in my boat?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This raises the old question of which hose goes where on the catchcans.com version again. I believe the final consensus was that the inlet (valve cover hose) should come into the top chamber. This way gravity and vacuum direction helps the drops through the filter and into the bottom of the can. What @Kenny D has done here is the opposite. IIRC, there was an argument for hooking them up this way: the dirty air comes in by all the crud and is forced up through the filter and out. Why would you want the outlet (hose to intake) coming from the same chamber as all the crud? Then the argument for the other: the filter will only drops will only fall from the filter when the engine is off because of vacuum direction... Thoughts anybody?
Look at you, all technical and shit......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick