Kenny D's Tahoe To Go thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday I found a shade tree out back and I set out to replace the cigarette lighter bezels and do the USB charger mod. While I was at it, I decided to do some more searching for my radio/speaker issue.
20170729_110615.jpg

I pulled the trim off around the radio and removed the panel holding the two sockets. I believe the screws are 7mm. You will notice that the panels are stacked to where you have to remove the bottom first and work up.
20170729_105729.jpg 20170729_105937.jpg

In order to remove the sockets from the bezels you have to release the tabs holding it into the bezels using a screw driver. I show it out already for clarity. Once it is out, the bezel pops right out.
20170729_110353.jpg 20170729_110437.jpg

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now if you are going to install the USB, take note here. You need to get the bezel that is made for the USB adapter as I had to modify mine to make it lock into the bezel. The one for the cigarette lighter is not the same part. I took my dremel and countersunk the I.D. so that the USB would sit flush and the lid would close. 20170729_112618.jpg

The bezels will only fit in one way due to the tab having to fit into the slot. Just pop the bezel in and then the socket or USB will follow. Notice that I had to modify my USB adapter so that the tabs would have a spot to catch and then I staked it so that it would stay put.
20170729_110658.jpg 20170729_115302.jpg

The cigarette lighter socket will only fit one way also. Notice the alignment slots and tabs.
I used a short USB cord and plugged it into the back of the USB and then I then inserted a 12V adapter into the socket and taped it up to secure it, then I plugged it all together and taped the ends to hold it all together. I thought I took photos but I guess I didn't.
20170729_110805.jpg
After I completed the install, I pulled my radio to check the connections, then pulled the tray out of the console and checked the connections under there and at the RSE. I even checked where the TSB indicated to check but I can not see any issues. Next I will cut wires at the radio and hard wire a speaker to test the radio. That way it will let me know if it is a break in the wire or the radio itself.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I meant. Old school fog light color. Actually works better in fog than white light and living out in the country, we get a lot of fog.
Yea in winter I use yellow , huge vision improvement in snow and snow storms.

OP
OP
Kenny D

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for new wheels. My factory wheels somehow ended up bent. Lugs, hub centric rings, center caps, and lifetime balance/rotation included in package. Lttle over $900 OTD. Should be in within a week. Probably after Thanksgiving. I went with these instead of OEM replicas because these look a little beefier and have a 0 offset. I'll put pics of the real thing but here is the wheel and a photoshopped pic.
lev-61903_xl.jpg tahoe wheels.png

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Just placed an order for new wheels. My factory wheels somehow ended up bent. Lugs, hub centric rings, center caps, and lifetime balance/rotation included in package. Lttle over $900 OTD. Should be in within a week. Probably after Thanksgiving. I went with these instead of OEM replicas because these look a little beefier and have a 0 offset. I'll put pics of the real thing but here is the wheel and a photoshopped pic.
View attachment 186981 View attachment 186982

Bad. Ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout