Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Had Trailblazer SS air bag pop in the passenger rear last Wednesday. Thankfully we weren't too far from home when it happened. Pulled the ALC fuse and had my son jack up the back end to verify our suspicion. Put vice grips on the air line feeding the passenger bag and stuck fuse back in to let compressor build up pressure in drivers side bag to help support passenger side so we could limp it home. Tires were rubbing fenders pretty bad with it all the way down.

My son installed a set of coil springs I had in the shed temporarily until the new Arnott bags arrived. Then on Sunday the alternator decided it didn't want to alternate any more. I guess at 306k miles it served its purpose.

Ordered the 220A alternator that @iamdub put on his truck. Figured I may as well upgrade while I'm at it. Two new Gates "Green" belts on the way as well as two new tensioners for the A/C and regular drive belt and idler pulley as well. I figured if I have to remove the one belt for the alternator swap I may as well just replace everything. I noticed a little cracking in the A/C belt any way, so it is time.

Hoping we don't have any issues with the Arnott Gen 2 bags. They are a tapered design and supposedly ride better than the original design, but they are also a little bigger in diameter and I have read they may try to rub on something. Not super clear, I think the post I read said something about the bump stop bracket. Mine have been removed so we will just make sure there are no sharp edges anywhere near the bags. Hopefully it all goes well.

Still waiting on parts to arrive.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had Trailblazer SS air bag pop in the passenger rear last Wednesday. Thankfully we weren't too far from home when it happened. Pulled the ALC fuse and had my son jack up the back end to verify our suspicion. Put vice grips on the air line feeding the passenger bag and stuck fuse back in to let compressor build up pressure in drivers side bag to help support passenger side so we could limp it home. Tires were rubbing fenders pretty bad with it all the way down.

My son installed a set of coil springs I had in the shed temporarily until the new Arnott bags arrived. Then on Sunday the alternator decided it didn't want to alternate any more. I guess at 306k miles it served its purpose.

Ordered the 220A alternator that @iamdub put on his truck. Figured I may as well upgrade while I'm at it. Two new Gates "Green" belts on the way as well as two new tensioners for the A/C and regular drive belt and idler pulley as well. I figured if I have to remove the one belt for the alternator swap I may as well just replace everything. I noticed a little cracking in the A/C belt any way, so it is time.

Hoping we don't have any issues with the Arnott Gen 2 bags. They are a tapered design and supposedly ride better than the original design, but they are also a little bigger in diameter and I have read they may try to rub on something. Not super clear, I think the post I read said something about the bump stop bracket. Mine have been removed so we will just make sure there are no sharp edges anywhere near the bags. Hopefully it all goes well.

Still waiting on parts to arrive.
How old were those TBSS bags?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
How old were those TBSS bags?
Installed new on 1/30/21. Not sure what caused the failure, they didn't appear to be dry rotted or anything.

The new Arnott bags are bigger in diameter and a tapered design. They are really close to frame rail and when you bounce the truck up and down they do make contact with the inner frame rail, but it is flat and smooth and there is nothing sharp in the area so hopefully it won't be an issue. I guess time will tell.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the upgraded LED puddle lights I have had my eyes on for a while. I found these after upgrading the tag lights to a similar style replacement.

The camera seems to pick up a lot more light than what is visible to the naked eye so the old LED bulbs I had in the original housings seem way brighter on camera than in real life.

While the upgraded LED 194 bulbs I had in the original puddle lights were an improvement over the factory incandescent bulbs they are no where near as bright as the new ones.

rps20230915_225913_255.jpg
New on left, original on right

20230915_203328.jpg
Original with single LED 194 bulb

rps20230915_230133_343.jpg
New LED "pod" style

Here are the links to the tag lights...
Gempro LED License Plate Lights Rear Bumper Tag Lamp Assembly for 2007-2014 Chevy Suburban Tahoe GMC Yukon Cadillac Escalade ESV, 6000K White 2PCS https://a.co/d/739rGe8

And the link for the puddle lights...
FetonAuto Mirror Light LED Puddle... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BG2MMLSD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Also a pic of said tag lights...
rps20230915_230734_154.jpg

In case anyone is interested.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the upgraded LED puddle lights I have had my eyes on for a while. I found these after upgrading the tag lights to a similar style replacement.

The camera seems to pick up a lot more light than what is visible to the naked eye so the old LED bulbs I had in the original housings seem way brighter on camera than in real life.

While the upgraded LED 194 bulbs I had in the original puddle lights were an improvement over the factory incandescent bulbs they are no where near as bright as the new ones.

View attachment 408690

View attachment 408691

View attachment 408692
New LED "pod" style

Gempro LED License Plate Lights Rear Bumper Tag Lamp Assembly for 2007-2014 Chevy Suburban Tahoe GMC Yukon Cadillac Escalade ESV, 6000K White 2PCS https://a.co/d/739rGe8

FetonAuto Mirror Light LED Puddle... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BG2MMLSD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

View attachment 408693

That’s a really cool upgrade for the puddle lights! I like em!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 408690

View attachment 408691

View attachment 408692
New LED "pod" style

View attachment 408693

When you bought the puddle lights did they come as a pair? Getting ready to buy but can’t tell if it’s $20 for one or a pair :hmm:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts