Just broke my rear door locks!? Help pls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. After working a very long shift I was dropping my kids off to day care. I began to open the rear door at the exact time I pressed the door lock button on the fob not really thinking.
The door opened slightly but at the same time the door locked. It would not unlock unless I manually pulled the lock up. Now the door lock unlocks and most time won't. Can see it slightly move when I press the button but it won't pop up and if I pull it up and press lock sometimes it goes down most times not. What could I have broken inside ? I'm thinking of pulling the panel off this weekend and taking a look but any ideas.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You probably broke the door lock actuator when you did that. More than likely it will need replacing. The main symptom is the door will not unlock/lock with the remote most of the time. Sometimes it will.

OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang any clue how much they run ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Are those the door lock actuators that come with a ninety-minute or until-you-drive-off-the-dealer's-lot, whichever comes first, warranty? :uhoh2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz