Junkyard shopping just for fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to love to do that. We had one that would let you take anything you wanted for $50. I once got a hood and radio for my 56 Chevy for that $50. Another time was a trans, bell housing and clutch linkage.
They don't let us anywhere near the yards anymore (insurance and lawyers and all). I sure miss that.

Mooseman93

Reaction score
I used to love to do that. We had one that would let you take anything you wanted for $50. I once got a hood and radio for my 56 Chevy for that $50. Another time was a trans, bell housing and clutch linkage.
They don't let us anywhere near the yards anymore (insurance and lawyers and all). I sure miss that.

I live within 15 minutes of two really good ones, a U Pull and Pay, and an LKQ. You guys are making me appreciate how lucky I am. I hope the lawyers don't shut mine down!

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, up here in Ontario, Canada, we have the Barrie Automotive Flea Market. IT WAS HUGE !!!!! 3 times a year, in an open field, the size of 8 football fields. Nothing but rows and rows of private and commercial vendors of anything to do with automotive. Old and antique car and truck parts, tools new and used, original service parts, spark plugs, wires, bulbs, trim, glass, etc.....you’ve never seen anything like it ! They also sell other stuff too, electronics, household, mechanical, electrical, etc ! ANYTHING that you could possibly ever think of.....they have sold there !!! It goes on for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday !!! They even have stuff to keep your wife busy. And also, you can hire kids with wagons to drive your treasures back to your car in the parking lots !!! My dad and I used to go religiously, until he passed away a few years ago. I don’t go any more because I now have literally EVERYTHING that I could possibly ever want or need in my life, and a lot of it came from there !!!

Last edited:

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Huge on junkyard fun. For me it's definitely the thrill of the hunt and the best feeling is knowing I got a killer deal on something and the parts are going on to live another day in my rig.

And yes, it's pretty damn hilarious to see what people do to their vehicles.

Don't forget to wear cargo pants/shorts so a few extra bulbs and fuses can find their way into your pockets ;):emotions33:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get educated about the pick and pull junkyards when I was about 20, when I had my little 1999 4x4 Dakota. I only went a handful of times though. I went more often when I had my 2001 4x4 Durango. And then now with my Yukon. Thankfully there are many pick and pull junkyards across the Southern California area that are within a days trip if I really want to go exploring, and most are owned by LKQ, so they’re always getting vehicles in, and always moving them out once they’re picked over. This last year the junkyard has been my way of relieving stress and just going through to see what I can find, even if I don’t NEED anything. Lol. It’s just fun and I like to go through them just to see what pops up.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
I have bad luck finding parts at the junkyards near me, which tend to be in pa. Found a local place I never knew about a couple years ago and been stopping there after work just to browse. I’ve seen gmt900s often enough to keep goin at least. Seems like I can’t find the third gen camaro stuff anymore though...

Tonyrods, I see your in central NJ. Have you happened to swing by Blaceys in jacobstown? Recently had a fire but they’re in business still last I checked.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have bad luck finding parts at the junkyards near me, which tend to be in pa. Found a local place I never knew about a couple years ago and been stopping there after work just to browse. I’ve seen gmt900s often enough to keep goin at least. Seems like I can’t find the third gen camaro stuff anymore though...

Tonyrods, I see your in central NJ. Have you happened to swing by Blaceys in jacobstown? Recently had a fire but they’re in business still last I checked.
Went there once. No fun-they don't let you walk around. Not many left that do tho. Have you been to Capital in Bangor pa? Close to I-80. Used to be a rock quarry. Best and cleanest jy I've ever been to.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Hmm was that a while ago? I’ve been in their yard every time I went.

I never went in capitol but I believe that one has a HUGE yard right? Always wanted to go when I passed but never took the time to drive out there.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get educated about the pick and pull junkyards when I was about 20, when I had my little 1999 4x4 Dakota. I only went a handful of times though. I went more often when I had my 2001 4x4 Durango. And then now with my Yukon. Thankfully there are many pick and pull junkyards across the Southern California area that are within a days trip if I really want to go exploring, and most are owned by LKQ, so they’re always getting vehicles in, and always moving them out once they’re picked over. This last year the junkyard has been my way of relieving stress and just going through to see what I can find, even if I don’t NEED anything. Lol. It’s just fun and I like to go through them just to see what pops up.
I see you’re in Big Bear. Which yards do you go to? All I have here is Anaheim and their yards are kinda small and picked over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo