Junkyard shopping just for fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sad day today.

I went west on I-10 from the other side of the river, where I rarely ever start at. This took me by the aforementioned LKQ, as it's off of a service road that runs parallel to I-10. They're CLOSED. No cars anywhere and the building looks deserted. Just empty acreage. I don't know when or why, but I'm really bummed. The next U-Pull-It place is about 30 minutes away, not terribly far, but across the river and nowhere nearly as close as this LKQ was. Also, it's not nearly as big and they don't do the 40%-off sales the weekends around the major holidays.

:console:

A sad day indeed!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I love stories like this @George B --especially father and son.
I have some great stories! Mine is one where my Dad had a mental breakdown and left Mom, my sister and I when I was 15. Life went down hill for me then and I got into a lot of trouble. A few years later my Dad realized that he needed to come back and make things right. He patched things up with my saint of a mother and pulled me up out of trouble. Lots of quality time building trucks, scouring salvage yards and playing on the river. Still makes me tear up thinking of how great it was that he came back. Life is good!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have some great stories! Mine is one where my Dad had a mental breakdown and left Mom, my sister and I when I was 15. Life went down hill for me then and I got into a lot of trouble. A few years later my Dad realized that he needed to come back and make things right. He patched things up with my saint of a mother and pulled me up out of trouble. Lots of quality time building trucks, scouring salvage yards and playing on the river. Still makes me tear up thinking of how great it was that he came back. Life is good!
I used to bring my son with me all the time to junkyards on my days off. He used to help me all the time when working on my cars. He knew all his tools when he was little. I was impressed. Sometimes I ask his advice about things--like that O2 sensor. He's a mechanic now and almost 30 yrs old.

Last edited:

Mooseman93

Reaction score
I used to make fun of my wife because she liked going to flea markets. To me, it was a waste of a morning walking around looking at tables full of junk.

Then one day, I was on one of my trips to the junkyard looking for a part I needed. I had some extra time that day, so I was walking around, basically on a treasure hunt. "Oooh, I need this radio knob. And here's a coin tray for the car that it got stolen out of. And look at all these bulbs and fuses going to waste!"

All of a sudden it dawned on me. THIS is MY flea market. Never made fun of her again. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWoolf777