I've been reading about Ford keys installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on Chevy trucks. Someone wanna explain this in laymen's terms? I don't know much about suspension and I'm curious about this. Can someone expound on this for me?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not really confusing at all. The torsion bar keys on your truck can be directly replaced with a ford key. It is indexed differently so that you can crank the adjusting bolt less and gain more lift. However from my understanding it is more for the NBS trucks and that the OBS trucks can gain a decent bit of lift with stock keys. I have never done it but I can tell you that I have a ton of thred left on my bolts and come spring I will be cranking it up about an inch or inch and a half.

1weasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, the stock keys are more than enough. I cranked mine up 1.5" with them and didn't want to go any farther and screw up my CV joints. It does ride stiffer like that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo