Is it a new truck yet? I'm throwing parts on cuz I LOVE MY YUKON!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Another member asked me to post some pics of a transmission replacement I'm doing. I looked at his posts, thread and figured I'd follow his example. Here is what's going on.

This is my 1995 2 door Yukon. She's looking a little sad but that is all about to change. I've owned it about 7 years now. In that time it has received a couple of used transmissions and for a while it had a 2000 rpm stall torque converter.

20200917_093003.jpg

Thanks Tonyrodz for the suggestion!

Last night the old gearbox finally came out.20210205_083751.jpg

Today is about getting the new gearbox ready go in20210205_083832.jpg

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hell, all that background still looks like the Magalia I tromped around in years ago. Looking forward to the pics and progress.

OP
OP
nocal95-2dr-yukon
Reaction score
Just background and updates to my build. For example, I rebuilt the old gearbox not long ago. Between that and putting various used transmissions in it I finally decided to have one built.

I have gears to put in the front & rear differentials. New radiator and trans cooler. Front suspension work is on the horizon. So it pretty much looks like a rebuild and I'm trying to lay out how I got here and where it is going.

Last edited:

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin sweet! This thing has a lot of potential. Just got my transmission buttoned up and finishing the wiring today.

OP
OP
nocal95-2dr-yukon
Reaction score
Lookin sweet! This thing has a lot of potential. Just got my transmission buttoned up and finishing the wiring today.
Very nice. Im also looking into refreshing alot of my wiring. It in important to me to do it in a way that basically is good quality and workmanship. The parts houses have replacement connectors and pigtails but I don't like splicing unless I have to. I'd rebuild a harness if I found one. Finding the terminals is kind of tricky though. I worked on aircraft for a number of years and want to do a little better than patching in new pigtails with butt splices. Even soldering the connections and heat shrinking them starts looking bad for as many as my truck needs.

Thank you for your help my friend. It is greatly appreciated.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Very nice. Im also looking into refreshing alot of my wiring. It in important to me to do it in a way that basically is good quality and workmanship. The parts houses have replacement connectors and pigtails but I don't like splicing unless I have to. I'd rebuild a harness if I found one. Finding the terminals is kind of tricky though. I worked on aircraft for a number of years and want to do a little better than patching in new pigtails with butt splices. Even soldering the connections and heat shrinking them starts looking bad for as many as my truck needs.

Anytime you want to add to an existing post in your thread, just click on edit and do your thing.

As you progress, just keep adding posts to the thread in the date/time order.

I heard from my cousin yesterday and she has made up her mind to sell her rental property and her home and is moving from Paradise, CA. to Missouri to be close to one of her sons. She has had enough after close to 50 years in Ca.

Last edited:

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i dont like doing regular splicing on anything outside of the cab myself. try to stay away from it inside the cabs too but well sometimes its just not something important enough (speakers and such). i will break out my soldering gun and the rycon self sealing heat shrink for most electrical repairs that matter. works great and it does a serious job sealing up whatever you shrink it on. i use it at work aswell and have had to remove it for various reasons. seems like it ends up fully bonded to the wires creating a great seal.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Another member asked me to post some pics of a transmission replacement I'm doing. I looked at his posts, thread and figured I'd follow his example. Here is what's going on.

This is my 1995 2 door Yukon. She's looking a little sad but that is all about to change. I've owned it about 7 years now. In that time it has received a couple of used transmissions and for a while it had a 2000 rpm stall torque converter.

View attachment 269925

Thanks Tonyrodz for the suggestion!

Last night the old gearbox finally came out.View attachment 269926

Today is about getting the new gearbox ready go inView attachment 269927

If you get tired of beating yours up or just want another one a year newer, here ya go: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-1996-chevy-tahoe-lt-2door-4x4/7270224582.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n