iPhone X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll buy one when they are at $299 with a contract rather than waste $1,000 to have a piece of tech that will be obsolete next year.

i paid a $65 taxes fee and pay $47/mo for the newest ohone and hand it in in a year for the next one. this new phone literally cost me $65 this am (each phone) and nothing else. My monthly bill stays the same. YOU do not have to outright buy a phone.. also if you have not checked with your carrier Per the national communications contract at The end of the OBAMA admin Cell companies can no longer rebate phone costs with the perk of a contract renewal like the old days. FOOD for thought if you are not up to date on the current regulations. They can no longer discount NEW phones in the deep discount that you stated.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That isn’t bad then. Is there anything due when you turn it in for the next one? Last phone I bought was a 6S last summer right before the 7 came out.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am on the 1 year up metod that is more per month but long term when you look at the value of phone and money paid is a better use of money over the course of time. As long as i have paid 50% of the perceived value, phone is not damaged then all i do is turn it in and keep on trucking.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I gather preorders are sold out so looks like my next phone will be an 8. I agree if you don’t have to pay upon urn in that’s a good deal though. I just kept hearing everyone say $1,000 so I was pretty ignorant on the info.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i paid a $65 taxes fee and pay $47/mo for the newest ohone and hand it in in a year for the next one. this new phone literally cost me $65 this am (each phone) and nothing else. My monthly bill stays the same. YOU do not have to outright buy a phone.. also if you have not checked with your carrier Per the national communications contract at The end of the OBAMA admin Cell companies can no longer rebate phone costs with the perk of a contract renewal like the old days. FOOD for thought if you are not up to date on the current regulations. They can no longer discount NEW phones in the deep discount that you stated.
What Section of the Communications Act or FCC Rule says that?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I gather preorders are sold out so looks like my next phone will be an 8. I agree if you don’t have to pay upon urn in that’s a good deal though. I just kept hearing everyone say $1,000 so I was pretty ignorant on the info.
While true, a thousand or so, it’s hardly more expensive than my 7 Plus. And for an iPhone that’s finally different, I’ll gladly upgrade. Mine should be here next week.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have my iPhone 6 that I bought 3 years ago in Nov 2014. Phone still works so I don't see the point in upgrading. Only thing I'm missing out on that really matters at this point is a better quality camera. I don't face any other tech limitations such as Apple Pay (the 6 has it) so I'm in no rush I guess.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you will wait maybe 6-12 months to pay $299 for something you will be locked into for 2 years at that point in order to have a piece of tech that will be "obsolete next year" Or roughly when you will be getting the phone before your 2 years locked into that contract??? Man you make an amazing argument. I might just cancel my pre-order now. :Do_O:D

2yr contracts are old news...as are upgraded discounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget