iphone with usb port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to try this in the Escalade. I really like the USB feature, wish I could add it to my Tahoe somehow. I might just buy one of those aftermarket iPod kits that work with the steering wheel and such.

Or get an AVIC-Z120BT 7" screen with nav/dvd/bt/ipod/sd/usb ;)

LTZ123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4.2 was released to developers today - hopefully on schedule for a "public" release in November?

Seems like it'd NOT be enough time to change for GM - but hope so. :)

Robsieb:

Mine shows up exactly as your screenshots.

Hope that is what you wanted to hear?

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Robsieb:

Mine shows up exactly as your screenshots.

Hope that is what you wanted to hear?

LTZ:

Thanks.

Looks like the 2011's are shipping with the same firmware mine has. Good to see I've not missed out on any updates. It'll save me a trip to the dealer.

Holding out for 4.2 to hit. If that doesn't work I'll just go back to either my Nano or 2nd gen Touch with 4.1 that works fine. Just hate not being able to have it work on the iPhone.

LTZ123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LTZ:

Thanks.

Looks like the 2011's are shipping with the same firmware mine has. Good to see I've not missed out on any updates. It'll save me a trip to the dealer.

Holding out for 4.2 to hit. If that doesn't work I'll just go back to either my Nano or 2nd gen Touch with 4.1 that works fine. Just hate not being able to have it work on the iPhone.

OR - reload 3.1.3 on your Touch. That made it work best for me.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OR - reload 3.1.3 on your Touch. That made it work best for me.

Strange thing is 4.1 works fine on the 2nd gen touch I have. My kids both have the 4th gen Touch and they have the same problem as my 3GS. Very inconsistent across the products.

OP
OP

10denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I posted here, things seemed ok after updating to 4.1, but that didn't last. The noise returned in full force, it just makes no sense. Anyway, I updated to 4.2 yesterday (am a developer) and the noise is definitely still there. I spoke to the dealership and they said there is a fix for one type of radio, but not the one I have (2010 yukon with nav and dvd), didn't ask him which radio the fix was for, I'm not sure the fix is even for the problem that we are all having anyway. I have begun using the headphone jack cable when it gets too annoying, which is ridiculous to have to do, but it sounds much better.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I posted here, things seemed ok after updating to 4.1, but that didn't last. The noise returned in full force, it just makes no sense. Anyway, I updated to 4.2 yesterday (am a developer) and the noise is definitely still there. I spoke to the dealership and they said there is a fix for one type of radio, but not the one I have (2010 yukon with nav and dvd), didn't ask him which radio the fix was for, I'm not sure the fix is even for the problem that we are all having anyway. I have begun using the headphone jack cable when it gets too annoying, which is ridiculous to have to do, but it sounds much better.

Mine is the unit with the rear seat entertainment (DVD) but no NAV. The fix (firmware update) I got back in April was supposedly before it was released to the public but I'm guessing it eventually made its way to the new units.

I know when I first started working on this issue in December of 09 I tested it on a NAV/DVD unit and it wouldn't even connect. It appears they may have fixed that issue with that unit and may be what the dealer is telling you.

NYCgroove

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 09 Tahoe with no port, but have rented a few newer Tahoes with ports on the road. All had no nav, no rear dvd, and all worked fine with my iPhone 4. OS 4.1. Is there a good solution out there to adding a USB port to an 09 or older?

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apple just released iOS 4.2 today and I immediately updated my 3GS. All is back to normal now regarding the USB connection and playback. Charging is still not supported but as long as I can play music I could care less about charging at this point.

LTZ123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Received email from Jeff Maranhas at Apple, today. He says that 4.2 is available and that "I think we've addressed the problem for you" .

I'm downloading now....hope it works. Good luck everyone.

But how cool is that? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev