iphone with usb port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with connecting an iphone to the usb port in the new yukons? My iphone 3gs will sometimes not connect at all and when it does, the music has a faint clicking sound in the background. Just wondering if someone has had this problem and possibly found a solution? I've tried other iphones and all have the same problems. Of course, the dealer is useless.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's odd, I use my 3GS with the AUX input and a 3.5mm cable...of course I have an 08 so there's no USB port. But that port is a new feature, they're bound to have problems in the beginning, and maybe a recall will be in order so you could get it fixed soon.

So for now, you could try the AUX input method.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it the port or only the iphone?
you tried using the same tracks from itunes on a usb stick?
Did you try a nano or other ipod?

Did you put the phone in airplane mode?

OP
OP

10denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the questions. I have not tried an ipod of any kind, only iphones. And I have tried Airplane mode but the problem still persisted. BUT, I have used a usb stick with the exact same tracks and it sounds totally fine. So I would think that it has something to do with the iphone. You'll probably say well just use the usb stick, but my phone is always synced with my music and I hate having to constantly pull my usb stick and copy the latest music I have. It's certainly an option, but I was hoping to just get the iphone to work.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Forgot to respond to sophomore, you're right, I could just use the Aux method, but I hate having that cord running all over the place. I like how the usb port is hidden. It is also a lot easier to control the music using the the steering wheel controls, I just put it on random and change songs using the steering wheel. Also much safer.

dyolfchas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not had any problems with mine (2010 tahoe) but only use it with IPods. Its great being able to use the steering wheel to change songs. Not to hijack the thread but my one rant is that you cannot scroll in the menu while moving, is the only way around this a lockpick?

OP
OP

10denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is an option somewhere under Menu that you can turn off to allow for using while driving. I think it's under Audio after you go into Menu but I can't remember for sure. But once you turn that off, you can change songs while driving.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been dealing with the exact same problem. I'm not trying to spam just trying to keep from re-typing it all but you can read about it on these two forums:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=975393

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29317

I'd be willing to bet you have the Non-Nav unit that has the rear seat entertainment (DVD)? I've been lucky in that the dealer is willing to work with me on it. Might be good if we could point out to GM that we're not the only one's with this problem. Maybe they will start working on a solution. Did you happen to get a case number when you talked to the dealer? Mine is still open but I'll see if I can get them to give it to me and I'll post it here. Maybe if we can tie the two together GM will realize they have a problem.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My dad's 2010 Sierra has this USB port, I'm going to test it out in a bit to see what issues it may have and post along with this thread.

robsieb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My experience is that the units that do not have DVD work fine. Its the units that are NON-Nav but have DVD are having the problems. The dealer in my case swapped mine for a new unit and we had the same problem but when we tried a NON-Nav unit in my truck it worked fine. I also know there's a problem with the USB on the Nav units not connecting either. We tried that route and when connecting the iPhone the Nav unit simply displayed USB error. GM is aware of this problem and supposedly is working on it but only on the Nav units at the moment. My hope is that enough people with units like mine take their problem to the dealers and maybe GM will realize they have to do something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667